Thread: fold up trailers

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan

fold up trailers

http://www.easytrailer.com.au/about_easy_trailer.html
    anyone had any experience with these ? im about to buy the trailer and 5 wheel locks [ive seen the wheel chock s up close and they look the goods ]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That looks awesome! How are they to rego?

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

http://www.easytrailer.com.au/about_easy_trailer.html
    anyone had any experience with these ? im about to buy the trailer and 5 wheel locks [ive seen the wheel chock s up close and they look the goods ]
    Jim, I thought they looked quite weak, but the local painter reckons they're great- he uses one pretty much every week to drag his bike to track days.

dunno about the trailers but I know the wheel lockers are awesome but I'm sure someone has already told u that U should be able to see them up close and in use next weekend I hear jockney jimmy

quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Me and Billywhizz went halves in one. It does seem flimsy but has had two bikes on it and it handles it okay with a bit of weight on it.
    Tows pretty nice actually, just flexes a bit which is okay if you don't watch too closely as you're towing.
    I wouldnt go interstate with it but it's great for short trips.
    We made the holes in it so we can have one rail in the centre or one either side with one rail slightly forward so we don't bang bars.
    Fully decked out, it's not a great deal cheaper than a normal box trailer, but the main attraction was being able to fold up, stand it on it's end and wheel it into a corner for three months till you need it again.
    The tow hitch is shit so get a decent one.

Weekend Warrior
    GIMMICK is the first word that comes to mind. Most of those fold up trailers tend to break after a fairly short time as far as I've known. I've welded a few of them up for people over the years.

I don't really understand the point myself. Bike trailers aren't that expensive and / or box trailers aren't that difficult to modify. For that trailer to be worth buying it would have be less than $150 (IMHO).

ta for the feed back the main attrction for me was the modular construction im not really bothered about the fold up bit so id buy their rigid one but being able to convert it at will is a real bonus for me
    mel i hear ya mate the hitch does look a bit heath robinson mate

Weekend Warrior
    I'm planning to modify one of my box trailers with some kind of removable rack. They're simple to make and / or pretty cheap to buy. You can buy a good box trailer for $300. I get given reasonable trailers (free) all the time, they're a dime a dozen.

One of these would do the trick -

or check out this system - http://www.smartarsedesigns.com.au/trailers.htm

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior
    same guys again - http://www.trailers2000.com.au/files...%20Trailer.pdf - this one is a versatile 'adapt-a-trailer' similar to the one above

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    how about a flat trailer and a kaneg trailermate?

i know f all about trailers, what dimensions n shit should i look for?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by Zooks

I'm planning to modify one of my box trailers with some kind of removable rack. They're simple to make and / or pretty cheap to buy. You can buy a good box trailer for $300. I get given reasonable trailers (free) all the time, they're a dime a dozen.
    Feel free to offer up these trailers that you get right here. I'm on the look out for a trailer for my track bike too.

Zooks you might be in the trade and able to bend your own sheet and that but I bought 2 wheel locks like the ones Jimmy is looking at for $150 each then made myself a bike bench and thought I'd be smart and make my own and by the time I got the plate all bent up it cost me $145 then I still had to weld it all up so I say just buy them now

Weekend Warrior
    I'm not in the trade - haven't been for 20 years. I'm just very 'street savvy' you might say (some would call me a tight arse ).
    I rarely pay for anything, I just come across cheap or free stuff all the time. It's there for the taking if you look. I make a lot of my own stuff and it's almost always from scrap steel that cost me nothing. Offcuts of steel purlins and 'I' beams litter building sites and are free for the taking if you ask the builder. Any of these shapes and sizes can be cut and welded without the need for any bending.

I either weld it myself or get one of the local workshops to do it for me. I've never paid more than $40 for a welding job.

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by robmac
    Feel free to offer up these trailers that you get right here. I'm on the look out for a trailer for my track bike too.
    I just gave a 7' x 4' to my neighbour to use as a 'paddock' trailer for feeding his cattle. It was a perfect frame with new lights and tyres. The guy that gave it to me left it sitting in his drive full of wet grass clippings for 12 months and the floor rotted out. He was just too lazy to go and get it repaired so he asked me to tow it to the tip for him. I contemplated putting a new sheet of check plate in it but decided I have enough trailers at the moment. It was less than 5 years old. If I get any more (and don't want them) I'll post it on here.

ill be interested zook in a 8x5 flatbed [need a trailer for the hardleys]

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

ill be interested zook in a 8x5 flatbed [need a trailer for the hardleys]
    I'll keep you in mind. I'm always keen for decent 2nd hand stuff to find a good home rather than go to the tip.