Thread: zxr750 carb problem

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

zxr750 carb problem

ok guys i have 95zxr750 carbs are stock when under hard throttle all is good ,when at constant speed mainly around town at lower speeds i can here a flutter in carbs just dosnt sound right but open throttle allgood a bit of popping on backoff but may need re-jet with pipe and filter any carby gurus got any advise cheers steve.

Have you balanced the carbs lately?
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    is it a commen problem with the kwackas yes they have been done but i think a dyno run to look at a/f ratio woulnt hurt when are u up this way next mate.

Hoping to get up this week but may not be until the weekend.
    Any carby bike can give you problems I did mine while I had it apart it was out a heap run so much better after I was done.
    'Originally Posted by rock hard stock swingarms are for blokes with balls!! ha ha'

I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.

Yella turbo ZX7 Winner VCM Best Streetfighter and SOS encouragement award NFR 2011
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...-s-ZX7-project

Weekend Warrior
    hmm mine had problems just like right after being balanced. I ran through a fair bit liqui moly carb cleaner through the fuel - it spat a fair bit of crap for a ride then revved freely w/no backfiring. Just a thought.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    You've got blocked pilot jets, it's a very common problem with Kawa CVKs, sometimes they get so much shit in them that you hafta clean the jets & circuits with a strand of cable, all the carb cleaner spray & compressed air in the world won't move it.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Could also be worn emulsion tubes / needles. The emulsion tubes wear out in an oval shape and the fuelling gets irregular at lower RPM / partial throttle loads. Seems like the bike is kind of surging??