Thread: Bris bike wreckers

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Bris bike wreckers

Are these guys still going ?

http://www.brisbanebikewreckers.com.au/

The number on their website gives an optus disconnection message and I don't get email replies .

Weekend Warrior
    No.They closed a while ago.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by puppet

What the best wreckers in Brisbane now ? There used to be a wrecker at Albion in a shed behind team moto kawasaki. Are they still there.

I am looking for 89-90 gsxr1100 parts or if any one knows of a stat write off for sale anywhere ..

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I assume they closed cause they were tight arses.
    IS it the norm for a bike wreckers to want to have you pay thousands of bucks for parts - yet offer no warranty, or even reassurance that the parts WORK!? cause that was the deal.
    Absolute rip off and I wasn't surprised at all to see the shop empty.

quote:Originally posted by ads

What the best wreckers in Brisbane now ? There used to be a wrecker at Albion in a shed behind team moto kawasaki. Are they still there.

I am looking for 89-90 gsxr1100 parts or if any one knows of a stat write off for sale anywhere ..
    That's Al's Bikes and Bits and it's still there as far as I know. Other than that there's Allbikes on Moss Street, and there used to be one next to the Import Bike Centre on Moss Street too (not sure what it's called or if it's still there).

Or let your fingers do the walking....

http://www.findapart.com.au/

findapart is awesome. I always usually end up getting bits and pieces from liverpool bike wreckers either directly, or via findapart,they have done me some ok deals.
    all the plastic bits I needed, and every other clip and trim piece I could find to get that 250 back together and sold - was $550 including freight (2 huge parcels) - the knob at the import place wanted $1400 for just the plastics alone.
    we wanted to pick up another honda 250 engine for my brothers bike, was trying to flog me off a short motor with no guarantee it would even work, and no warranty on that basis - for $1200 - like fuckin fuck.
    Good riddance. I can only recomend LBW as they have always sorted me out.
    Wish I owned a wreckers.

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Not suprised they have closed if they treated all their customers like they spoke to me...and I was looking to buy engine,frame,forks & wheels when I went to see them.
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    I've used findapart twice and both times I had replys with the part I was after within the hour.

quote:Originally posted by sharky

Not suprised they have closed if they treated all their customers like they spoke to me...and I was looking to buy engine,frame,forks & wheels when I went to see them.
    Was that with the old or new owners? the old owner, or the <s>monkey</s> bloke that used to be there on the counter was a rude prick.I avoided that place for a good year or 2, got desperate and dropped in one day to find someone had bought it, but the bullshit stayed as part of the inventory.

(that is if you are talkin about the one in moss st)

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Originally posted by ads

It's still there, but Al sold it a few years ago to Will. Still same place and reasonably priced. Also has Matt's Metal Polishing next to him. Cheers.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote: Also has Matt's Metal Polishing next to him. Cheers.
    Cheers, Have some bits that need polishing also.

Als bikes and bits usually only seek and sell older model stuff, There is another bike wreckers at Albion but the bloke there is one arrogant bugger to deal with.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Als bikes and bits usually only seek and sell older model stuff, There is another bike wreckers at Albion but the bloke there is one arrogant bugger to deal with.
    The one on Bogan street?