Thread: Who's doing the Barry Sheene?

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

Who's doing the Barry Sheene?

I've finally got my shit together and confirmed my entry for Pre-Modern F3. Who else is going to be there and in what classes? It would be great to meet a few more faces behind the names and maybe even swap a little paint

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am so keen but as my wife has informed me, not a chance.
    A fair few blokes will be coming down from bris tho with the motorcycle sportsmen club.
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates

Bugger, but the boss is always right so hopefully next time. I barely managed to escape with my life when I told her indoors that I was doing the Sheene for three days, leaving the next day for two weeks in the US, and coming back the day before going down to Wakefield for the weekend.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Damn it all ...... I was gonna do it but not cost effective to me .... I would have liked to have raced against ya mate. Are you gonna do the May meet at wacky , I will be there and I think Russm8 may even be there to.
    You will get here one day James

I was all set to race, until I checked the entry fees and garage fees [:0] [:0] [:0]

And, when the entries were due I was "between jobs", so spending that much wasn't a great idea at the time.

Will aim for the PCRA meeting @ Broadford and the whole St George series

quote:Originally posted by devo

re you gonna do the May meet at wacky
    Looks like the ASF representation will be a bit thin, it's been one of those years for everyone. Hopefully we'll get to catch up at some of the other meetings, I'll certainly be doing the St George series

I'm not sure if I'll do the next PCRA round, this will be the first time I've done a Pre-Modern race so I'll see how it goes before I make a decision. I'm not sure how the 400 will go in amongst bikes doing the same laptimes but with more power and maybe no as good handling.

I normally race it in 400 only classes where everyone doing the same times is evenly matched in the corners, in the few times they've put the 600s in with us it can be frustrating and a bit dangerous as you have to nail them under brakes or mid turn to get past the same bike lap after lap.

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

I'm not sure if I'll do the next PCRA round, this will be the first time I've done a Pre-Modern race so I'll see how it goes before I make a decision. I'm not sure how the 400 will go in amongst bikes doing the same laptimes but with more power and maybe no as good handling.

I normally race it in 400 only classes where everyone doing the same times is evenly matched in the corners, in the few times they've put the 600s in with us it can be frustrating and a bit dangerous as you have to nail them under brakes or mid turn to get past the same bike lap after lap.
    I've done a heap of racing in the PCRA new era, now pre modern stuff. I enjoy all the different bikes out there. You gotta think about who is around, and where you will be weaker/stronger, and how to plan your passes.
    And there is nothing like getting past a 250GP bike on my old streetbike with raceglass

Weekend Warrior
    I'm running the P5 Kawi, it's improving all the time.
    I just need some way to stop it using up the front discs
    the carbon ceramic pads are murdering them but the stopping power is awesome (before they cup, push the pads out and you have to pump em back up to stop again)

Yes, I'm with you there Russ. I'll just stop being precious and get into it.

Interesting on the carbon pads Chris, I was going to try some as the power is apparently great but I didn't realise the disk wear is greater

Weekend Warrior
    I'm only running old XS1100 discs ( a lot do in P5)
    The new pads put too much heat in and cup the disc. feel and bite are tops but the stainless solid XS discs don't seem to be able to take the extra heat. I was told they would be aggressive and only for stainless

We are going to do some RG500 replica floaters Rexie has got on to some 225mm round bar so we'll remove some 310mm GSXR outers and use them.
    But we won't have them before the Barry Sheene so i might try slotting the XS Discs, a drilled set stayed cupped and plain discs go back straight,

Weekend Warrior
    Yup I threw my "supps" in the bin when i spotted the fee`s [}]

Racing's certainly getting a lot dearer, the meeting after the Barry Sheene is a one day event at Wakelfied Park for $255. Compared to that $300 for 2 days at Eastern Creek's almost a bargain.

ASF Premium Full Member DCRacing's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Come north fellas, Latest entry to the southern downs challenge is $210 plus your carport/power supply. And that is a 2 day meet with at least 3 races a day.
    What The...?

Thats the trouble with reality........not everyone participates