Thread: 00 ZX6R Headlight Wiring

Weekend Warrior

00 ZX6R Headlight Wiring

Okay two issues, think I may have accidentally grounded out something on the frame, as I'm not getting any voltage from any of the headlight wires, so first question, where is the 30A headlight fuse hiding???

Secondly, hoping someone electrically minded can help out with wiring up single filament headlights up on double filament wiring. Unfortunately don't have a wiring diagram on the computer, if people need one let me know and ill scan one in.

Running the Acerbis Cyclops, so 2 x globes, each are single filament.

two single lights run how? both on at high or, one for low and one for high?

oh no idea on fuse position

Weekend Warrior
    Oh sorry... Yeah both for high, one for low.

Safe to say for the Low Beam, I run only the ground + wire from LB Relay
    For High Beam, I run ground + wire from HB Relay? Then run a diode between the two powers w/ LB getting power from HB?

'00 ZX6R wiring seems to differ greatly from other years, so being an electrical knob, I figured I might ask.

But yeah, location of this fuse is killing me, that would be the only explanation as to why the powers don't have power!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Are you getting power to the headlight wires when the bike is running? The ZX9 has a relay that keeps the headlights off until the motor is running - I'd say the ZX6 would be the same.

Weekend Warrior
    Hillsy, with the ZX6R's ('00 model anyway), if you start the bike, then switch it off at the kill switch, but leaving the ign on, headlights stay on.

I did test them with the bike running too however. Relays are clicking, 10A headlight fuse is fine. I've pretty much boiled it down to the 20A headlight fuse, which is eluding me.

Weekend Warrior
    No-one has any idea where it might be hey? Unfortunate that the service manual doesn't point it out.

Weekend Warrior
    Okay headlight all wired, found the fuse + replaced.

Cheers guys

Just hook this into head light socket.

where was the fuse????

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks grind... Yeah thats how I ended up doing it, working well! Diagram is good in case anyone else searches for the same thing.

Fuse ended up being attached to the upper right subframe arm, placed between the arm and the tail plastic (near the rear right of the riders seat).

Something went odd with my indicators, I lost the front right. After various voltage tests, I found that there was power all the way down to the indicators, HOWEVER, somehow the polarity had been reversed... Indicators were getting -12v.. So swapped the wires over, and works fine. Haha. Will leave it like that until it seems to cause a problem