Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: APRIL FOOLS RUN 2007

Blog Entries

APRIL FOOLS RUN 2007

OK. I need to plant the seed to get your feedback and committal to this event so we can make definite bookings etc.

Here is an outline of the proposed event (as of today):

DESTINATION:
    Dubbo, NSW

Duration:
    Previous years have been a one night wonder, but as the Victorians pointed out, what is the point of them travelling 3 days there and 3 days back just for one night on the piss? (Even us guys up north will have a two day trip this time.) This year I planned to do a 2 day event based on people arriving on the Friday arvo/night and leaving on Monday morning.

Accommodation:
    Last year we had around 55 people from memory but this year there will be more, many more! I have no idea what the final figure will be though so that's what we need to find out now - a rough figure anyway. Davo made a top effort last year to try and organise everything but as always with this kind of thing, as no deposit or up front payment was taken, when the actual day arrived a fair few dropped out which made it look shit to the hotels. So this year we are going to take accommodation payments up front, or at least a decent deposit. There will be 3 different options (we think) 1)Cheapest hotel drop your gear and find a space type accommodation. 2)Decent room to yourself or with a partner. 3)high quality away from the hustle and bustle type accommodation. We will try and make it a full package with breakfasts and everything but again, need the interest and proposed figures before hotels will let us start organising.

Entertainment:
    We have a pencilled plan that goes something like:

FRIDAY NIGHT
    Everybody settles in and get their rooms and bearings sorted. The night would be a general introduction for guys who haven't met before at a pub/hotel that is recommended and maybe no need for entertainment as such (it's Friday night for gods sake, there will be some life!) and anyway, you don't wanna get too pissed because on.....
    SATURDAY
    In the morning a local shop has offered to put us up for a show and shine of all the bikes for the locals and us to get chatting shit and checking it all out. There will be a sausage sizzle and an ASF stand as well as the owner will do deals on any tyres and stuff that may need replacing.
    In the arvo we are going to do MINI STRAIGHTLINERS. Two Pocket bikes and a small drag strip will mean you ladies can battle it out for the supreme champion status.

Weights and everything will be taken into consideration and it's the first one over the line. Run with it under you arm for all I care, it's just the first one there. Winner gets to keep the pocket bike and other prices to be announced. This will be the real OZKAT versus TURBOKAT shootout.
    In the evening, it's time for a meal and the annual ASF awards, followed by a band and beer, talking bikes and more beer, with a beer chaser perhaps.
    SUNDAY
    Devo has a good idea for a local pub ride out where we could do a recovery lunch and have a bit of a cruise around the area. Which takes us back to town in the evening for a bit of stand up comedian action.

For all you distant guys (WA and NT) there is an airport in Dubbo that should serve you right and we will get transport sorted to pick you up.

This should be the best AFR yet!

As I say, this is preliminary stuff and I have a few trump cards up my sleeve to make it even better but first of all I need your support and a show of hands to get approximate numbers - this includes all your mates that you will bring as well. I know of at least 10 people who are not even members here or have computers that are definitely coming so I'm sure you do also. Everybody pipe up that wants in and we can get this thing underway. Prices will be based on the amount we have coming, the more we get the cheaper it will be so hunt them down!

I will add the names under here that say yes to keep track of numbers so shout out to be added plus however many you think will come with you:

Number represents accommodation preference based on suggestions - please advise if different.

OZKAT - 1
    DAVO - 1
    MUNDY - 1
    GIX11 - 1
    SUPERCHARGER MARK - 1
    LARGE - 1
    REXIE - 1
    ICEMAN - 1
    GREG MULLIGAN - 1
    ROBBIE WILLIAMS + 2 - 1
    HUDDO - 1
    MR.HYOSUNG - 1
    KYE - 1
    KEVKATANA - 1
    TURBOKAT - 1
    DEANO - 1
    SHARKY - 1
    EXBEN - 1
    QIKDRAW - 1
    KRASH - 2
    LEARNERTIC - 1
    TONY - 3
    SASHA - 3
    FRANKENBIKER / MRS.FRANKENBIKER - 2
    SLINGBLADE + 1 - 2
    FIMPBIKES - 1
    GOD - 1
    FOXY - 1
    DAZZ + MICK + ROB - 1
    BOHEMION - 1
    CRUISECONTROL + FAMILY - 3
    CHADAMS - 1
    BOOSTER - 1
    HOOLIGAN + 1 - 2
    SPEEDDEMON - 1
    CRAZYMOFO - 1
    TONE -1
    DANE RA - 1
    SUXUKIFREAK x 2 (maybe) - 2
    EVAD - 1
    LATHEBOY (maybe) - 1

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Ofcourse im there.

all sounds good to me si.

pencil me in. as for accomodation,, i have a swag lol... i'll sleep just about anywhere!, so im a fan of opition one. but am happy to do what the general group wants to do.

cheers.joe.

Weekend Warrior
    sounds good craic,will try and get some of the other irish lads gathered up for it . where;s it going to happen.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Oh yeah I'm in...I was just about to pencil it into my 2007 calendar...but that could wreck a real collectors item[]

Bloke with a smaller stick
    I should be right to make an appearance

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

ASF Basic Full Member
    yer i'm in (No 1 Option)

I'm in, as for accom. option 1 suits me best.
    It might be worth considering where the event(s) will take place in Dubbo, I reckon the further we can get away from population the better (outskirts or even a small town nearby) coz' there's bound to be several sorts of anti-social behaviour & we don't want to attract the attention of the local Plod in case they're bored & looking for someone/something to bust.
    Oh yeah, Ozkat may not be able to handle the power of a pocket bike, it'll have 3 or 4 times the HP of his Gixer.

Pencil me in. (no 1 option sounds the goods) I'll be on annual leave then but the missus and I are having a bub at the end of April. Fingers crossed it don't come early.
    (insert smart arse remark!!)

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Off to UK a few weeks later,
    but will still try and make it.

Shortest route is only 870k's but will see if
    anyone knows a more "interesting" ride down.

EDIT: Yeah Si, add 2 more to ya list. Tony / Sasha

Blog Entries
    Yea, I'm headed over for June as well mate.

Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Yea, I'm headed over for June as well mate.
    June 16th - July 7th

im in si
    erm my boss has a share /owns a pub up there i think
    ill ask if theres any chance of a disc but dont hold yer breath
    so its me and 'er indoors so far[ ive already booked me hols]
    by the way if theres a car going my other halfs never done long un so she may well wanna ride in the car some of the way [leaves me free for some twisty skullduggery] or....if some one wants to take my motor im up for that [its a mercedes girls]
    oh by the way option 2

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    i am in Si. +1.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i'll be there with bells on,
    and i'll sleep with pretty much anyone so take that into account when you sort out your accomodation [:X]

some of us newy types have been talking about possibly goin' down to meet the mexicans than head back up north with em
    i might even follow you queenies but north after the event too

but fuckin count on me being there, and im gonna be randy as fuck and twice as anti-social!!!!

ps- u bringing that daughter of yours rex?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

I dont have to confirm its automatic[8D]Hey fimp do you snorrrrrrrrrrr[?]

Weekend Warrior
    I'm in. Poverty pack accommodation preferred.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Count me in, Im there

Weekend Warrior
    I'm in and 2 others,Mick and Rob

Blog Entries
    Just don't let me navigate as you are familiar with my knowledge of the roads outside the Gold Coast:

You'll be over there when I am then Tony. Doing the TT mate?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast