Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim's CB900 "start of my build"

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan

Jim's CB900 "start of my build"

well im either gonna turn an elephant on a pogo stick into a sweet handling aircooled medium powered bike or become a kamakazi pilot

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Portsmouth costa del south coast, England
    I think the wheels alone will make a massive inprovement and give the bike some substance or look or ah fuck you know what i mean

we ll find out after xmas when i get stuck in .......ta alfie

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Go the old CB.....

Wat ur plans frankenbiker, mono shock conversion , singlesider , turbo........HHHmmmmm???????

Alfie ,over here we spend so much time riding over here that Building a fighter is harder than u think,cause ur always jealous from others riding all the time.
    I think thats the main reason theres so many fighters in the UK.
    We don't shut down for winter.........just sunny days for ever and ever and ever......

those wheels and forks in the background first which involves me making a stepped top yolk from a bit of billet ive got. some lowish renthals, nice pair of Ohlins nicked from an xjr or some ikons {konis], the casings have already been polished by yours truly, tidy up the tail ,yoshi exhaust i have hiding in Sydney ,gixer or bandit clocks,the little fairing ive just bought from Jacktar with 2 car projector h/lights in it ,a nice understated black paintjob with minimal graphics,very little polishing [i like the stealth look],and then its this asf run in April after that who knows i may need some extra power.........................

gotta like a man on a mission keep the pics coming.

I have a very understanding wife. and seeing as i cant play my geetar anymore[due to some dozy bosnian] ive decided to vent my creativity in other ways, shes a diamond is my old lady. or shes got a diamond , one of the two my memorys fecked these days :]

quote:Originally posted by Kamakazebusa

Go the old CB.....

Wat ur plans frankenbiker, mono shock conversion , singlesider , turbo........HHHmmmmm???????

Alfie ,over here we spend so much time riding over here that Building a fighter is harder than u think,cause ur always jealous from others riding all the time.
    We don't shut down for winter.........just sunny days for ever and ever and ever......

ill need to get ur addy sos i can come down to hornsby and sort out this art work ,,

The Bo'l'Dor.Seen a few of those with the shock mounts moved and it makes a big improvement to the look,nice jacked up back end (ooh er!).There was a coupla websites devoted to these bikes Frankenbiker.

8/17 King rd , Hornsby.......down the road from the train station. 9482 8335 is my work number 'case u get lost in there woods'

Portsmouth costa del south coast, England

Go the old CB.....

It's ok kazebus i have my old gixxer while i build my fighter and if this rain keeps up i am going to need noahs fuckin ark soon fuckin howling winds and pissing rain and the odd mini tornado for the last two weeks.
    Not long do i have to put up with this shit
    I am sooooooo not jelouse of your aussie weather much.

Jim
    How much and what make of shocks have you decided on ?

Just a thought but those standard carbs are a bit slow to respond to the engines needs so i thought how about a set of more modern cv carbs that react to the engines demands faster which should give you a better and quicker response slingshot carbs or from something of that era maybe just an idea

quote:Originally posted by Tone

The Bo'l'Dor.Seen a few of those with the shock mounts moved and it makes a big improvement to the look,nice jacked up back end (ooh er!).There was a coupla websites devoted to these bikes Frankenbiker.
    ta tone i was thinking of moving the shock mounts up a bit when i weld them on to the new swing arm u dont happen to know the addy s of any of those sites do u ? the only frame of reference ive got is the freddie spencer rep that was in streetfighters a few months ago

8/17 King rd , Hornsby.......down the road from the train station. 9482 8335 is my work number 'case u get lost in there woods'
    ta very much sir ill be down to see u in the fullness of time [ie when ive got some money]u open sats ? oh yeah and if i turbo d this old girls engine the only thing crossin the line would be its pistons closely followed by sundry other parts [need a lump a bit more bullet proof}

quote:Originally posted by alfiestorm

Go the old CB.....

It's ok kazebus i have my old gixxer while i build my fighter and if this rain keeps up i am going to need noahs fuckin ark soon fuckin howling winds and pissing rain and the odd mini tornado for the last two weeks.
    Not long do i have to put up with this shit
    I am sooooooo not jelouse of your aussie weather much.

Jim
    How much and what make of shocks have you decided on ?

Just a thought but those standard carbs are a bit slow to respond to the engines needs so i thought how about a set of more modern cv carbs that react to the engines demands faster which should give you a better and quicker response slingshot carbs or from something of that era maybe just an idea
    the shox i would like are the ohlins u get on the xjr sp but i heard that ikon is actually koni and ive played with koni s before in the 70's on several 2 strokes but lets face it anythings got to be better than 23yr old FVQs.
    ..and nice idea about the carbs... im gonna concentrate on the handling first then after easter ill seriously think about what to do about power i may even stick another lump in it theres loads of space
    oh yeah today i received nice and shiny & free 2" stainless tube, your gonna luv this exhaust...all i need is ..a set of decent headers with a seperate collector
    and i haVE A REALLY TRICK IDEA FOR THE COMSTAR SPOKES

Yeah, the roller doors REALLY need the handling upgrades.

They make 10 psychotics on pogo sticks look stable.

yer right there chalkie mind u if ur as old as i think u r then u and me both have ridden a lot worse . some of the bikes ive despatched defy belief

Yeah, but the Roller Doors were amongst the first to give real exciting 4 stroke power.

And they may have had serious speed wobble problems, but they were a grand thing to ride.

make u right at the time i thot they were pretty fast then they became a cheap way of going fast when u think about it in '79 they were only 10mph slower than a cbx,as fast as a laverda jota,could keep up with anything mr kawasaki had,its just the reliability probs that let them down ..anyway i like big air cooled motors almost as much as i like nutty 2 strokes

i cut my teeth on air cooled RDs i thot back then they were fast,quick and handled well [if u ditched the jap rubber and fitted TT100s or Avon road runners]
    About 5 years ago i was looking after me mates X7 and i had a bit of a thrash around on that but had trouble out dragging a little GTI?.
    Times do change.. the bikes these days handle 10 times better than the best of us can ride on public roads and[the biggest have almost unlimited power] i rode an zx12 when they first came out and it was like sitting astride a 747 it just kept accelerating!
    The point is ..i think the reason i like street fighters so much is the building for one, but also the thought of taming something ,"to boldly go where no mans been before " into the nearest ditch if i dont get it right!! fuck me i sound like me DAD!
    dont get old,get even

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast