Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track Day at HV

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I'd be glad to help, as much as my limited knowledge of suspension setup will let me.
    From what I've gathered over the years, static sag is the first place to look,[about 30mm on the rear, and 10mm approx on the front when seated on the bike]. then after that, it's how YOU want it to behave that sets the bound and rebound.
    It's a common move to put a zip tie around each fork leg at the fork seal, so you can see after the session if you are bottoming out the front, under brakes.
    We'll have a look tomorrow, if you like, but there's usually plenty of far more knowledgeable characters hangin out in the pits.

Weekend Warrior
    man last time i ran my bike at the valley it was an xt250 yami and i went to drags to watch scott(get it right)white and came of in the gravel just before the pit entry and was let in pits for free!! just to see ambo's and knocker renfry (drove a shit hot lj torana called the underdog)was talking to a offical about the possibility about a race cuircit being built and all the drag racers said NAH wont happen,
    hmmmm memories

Weekend Warrior
    Hi lads, tought I'd say hi seeing as I will probably get posted up your way pretty soon.
    I do alot of track days down in Vic mainly at the Island (yes it is fucken great to ride) and Broadford.
    At each of the track there has always been a suspension guy along with the tyre guy to help people out for the day.
    I did a day last week at the Island and the set up was going for about $74, this included the initial set up for weight and fine tuneing during the day, the guys I saw also did a full bike setup.
    You might ask the blokes who runs the days and find out if these guys are a usual fixture to the days, or could be included for the days.
    Hope your days go well in the future.
    Cheers Darryl

New to Streetfighters
    It's not nearly as big/professional up here mate but from what I hear it's a lot cheaper compared to other states. I don't race I just do what they call a "Ride day" where your let out onto the track four times for 20 minutes each session in between races and it's $125 for the day. How much is it down there?
    There is no on site tyre sale & fitting there is also no people there as a business offering suspension tune ups etc.

But it's still a lot of fun.

Are you up here yet? If you are the first Sunday is a Track Day I believe.

Weekend Warrior
    Nope not yet, will be next year if it happens, but as what happened with Jacktar, anything could happen.
    I also only do the ride days, and I totally agree it rocks.
    Good luck with your days.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    There'll be a tire dude at the track tomorrow, between 10 and 12, and there's a ride day happening on Sunday 2-5-10
    see yas there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12