Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nelpd96's Triumph 650

Weekend Warrior
    The LED's are from Jaycar they are 10mm ones. I used the following:

ZD0201 for the tail light these are a 4000 mcd LED 50mA and 2v

ZD0202 for the brake light there are a 10000 mcd LED 150mA and 2.6v

ZD0212 for the idicators these are a 9000 mcd yellow 100mA and 2.6v

ZD0220 for the number plate light these are a 5000 mcd white LED. 30 mA and 3.5v
    Because the LEDs use fuck all voltage you need to use a dropping resistor on the positive side before the LEDs ( the long leg on the LED is the positive one) if you go to this website it will tell you what size resisitor to use with them just put in how many you are using with the mA and V numbers that I have put up the top and it will tell you what size resisitor to use you will probably need a 1 watt resisitor to be on the safe side and you will be able to get them from Jaycar as well. I hope that this all helps.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...Bowden/led.htm

Cheers
    Paul

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That's a swt tail and shorty can

Weekend Warrior
    You can use a high wattage resistor in parallel to slow your indicator relay down...wire a 20W resistor 6.2-10ohm and relay to the indicator circuit to mimic the load that would have been present with a bulb and switch your leds with the relay. but an electronic flasher or OEM led indicator relay might be simpler.

Looks nice paul hope the authorities think so...might do somethin similar on my 14.

Damm look at the specs on those leds 150ma reds...as good as your gonna I suppose.

Weekend Warrior
    Dave, I know what you mean about the resisitor I just wanted it all fitted up also I am thinking that in this day and age an OEM LED Flasher relay shouldn't be too hard to find. I am sure that if I get pulled over that I will be in the shit because none of the LED's would be ADR compliant and I don't have a reflector. Having said all that the shorty can is loud enough that I don't think they will be too worried about the lights to start with. The next step is to sort out the headlight setup. I am even looking at using a Luxon LED for headlights depending if I can get one big enough. If you look around Jaycar have some 5mm 30,000mcd reds but I wanted the bigger ones.

cheers
    Paul

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    it looks great!!. what are the leds in the center for? they arent red right or are my eyes going on me. Also is there any problem with the leds facing down like that or do they have a wide field of view? It was just brought to my attention that you can actually get 60degree ones now.

Weekend Warrior
    30,000mcd fark poke your eye out...might go an see carl bout some of those for my bike,imagine a cluster of the fuckers.

Luxeons are good thing but never seen em used as headlights not sure they would work over the distance of 200metres,but maybe focused through a lense of some description.
    Go for it it'd be a wicked experiment...Jaycar sell em led torches and they look OK.

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah Carl is a good bloke is he still driving around in the flash as magna? and they have heaps of stuff in there, I wouldn't mind making one of the digital Fuel Adjusters to see if I can trim the fuel up.

The ones in the middle are the brake lights the outer the tail lights and then the idicators as I have put on the picture. They aren't too bad point down light that because the ones that I got have got a bit of punch but they are not as good as they would be if they were facing rearward. It was one of those things where it just seemed too hard at the time. It was very cheap to do so I might make up another one down the track as this one isn't an exact fit.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    Hi guys, I have been OS for a while and haven't had a chance to play with the bike until this week. This is the latest on it. I still need to try and get the bars done this week and it has a bolt on sub frame so it looks like the tail will get a bit of a lift later next week.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    Not much of an update I know but I had a chance to get a couple of photos with the F-111's at RAAF Townsville before I moved. I have been waiting for my brother to send the photos through. I still have to try and clean them up a bit because there were taken with a dodgey camera but they are not too bad. There was a plan to try and get some with the F-18's but we didn't have time. Haven't done anything else to the bike really because I have been flat out with work and stuff like that but I will let you know as soon as I get organised.

Cheers
    Paul

P.S. Canberra is cold and work sucks because I will be away for the AFR 08

mate looking good, you changed the tail light setup again i see, did u cop some grief for the LED setup?

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    fucking sweet make, love how angled and "stealth bomber" it looks
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    wicked triumph u got there bro.... pity we wont see it in the flesh in march

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah I had to change the tail light because I was having too many problems with the LED's breaking off from the vibration. This doesn't look as cool but is a little more robust. I still want to get some decent bars on it but because of what it is everything has to be custom made which cost money I don't have at the moment. I will get there eventually.

Cheers
    Paul

Blog Entries
    No moderators to do any photo resizing I see?

Weekend Warrior
    Sorry Si, I will pull them and fix them up.

Cheers
    Paul

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Gix11

No moderators to do any photo resizing I see?
    sorry mate i have been a bit busy with this business shit im trying to set up

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Weekend Warrior
    Well seeing as it is offically cold as fuck here in Canberra I have decided to do some work to the bike. I am lucky enough to hae a bolt on sub frame so I am making a new shorter version. Not too sure how I am going to finish the tail once I have got it built but I will sort that out later. I also pick up from 20mm ally plate to use for a set of bar mounts. I have got that in at the moment getting some large holes drilled and I get that back on friday so hopefully I will have the bars mounted by the weekend. I will take some photos of the progress tomorrow as it was too dark when I finished tonight.

Cheers
    Paul

Its not that cold here...just don't ride before 11am or after 4pm

Thats a very bloody tasty looking bike Paul.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    nice pics mate ..triumphs rool

Nice ride mate, very stealth..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast