Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nelpd96's Triumph 650

Weekend Warrior

Nelpd96's Triumph 650

Well guys it arrived today and I chucked on the lights and got them wired so they are all working. I will be making up a bracket to mount the speedo cluster to this weekend and doing something with the front guard. The right rear set it busted arse as is the exhaust hanger so I will just make some billet ones I think and be done with it. Oh yeah I am going to turn the can into a shorty and put an undertray with LED's when it is through rego. I just hope that QLD transport are happy with the fighter look for a econimic write off.

Cheers
    Paul

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That's gunna be bitchin !!
    That mudgaurd extension looks nice...mmmmmmm

Blog Entries
    Mate! Bin that surf board mudguard, lose half the pipe and replace the traffic light indicators and that thing's gonna rock. Good score. I never realised how good they look with shit missing!

must agree with si they ooze potential under the fairing but then again what would you expect from the guys who built the speed triple

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Gee that was a great buy for the cash. Even still has the clocks in one piece. It will be on the road in no time. Better option than the cbr6

That can looks readily choppable, too.....

Looking good!!

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah the can will take all of about 10 min for me to do. I have to take it in for the written of vehicle inspection next week so I will be doing very little to it until then after that it will be on like donkey kong. I have a CBR600RR underseat exhaust that I am thinking about trying to fit up but it doesn't look like there is going to be enough room. I will certainly keep you up to date with Photo's as I go.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    Ok well it has cleared the inspection and I got it registered yesterday, I am heading off on holidays today but when I get back I will fit up some Renthals that I have here and make up and under tail unit for it and chop that muffler. I will keep the pics coming in the new year.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    Ok well I cut the can today and decided that the arse looked like crap so I cut the old one off and made up an undertail for it. Just need to get some LED's for the tail lights and make up a braket for the plate and I am in business. The last thing for the time being will be to fit the new bars but I still have to decide on how I am going to do it. Let me know what you think.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    Looks damn fine paul...think I remember that bike at auction,if thats where you got it,I'm still waitin for that elusive big bore "yet damaged" beauty myself.

I like the way an empty bottle of Corona manages to make an appearance in each picture. Inspirational stuff.....Oh yeah - that shorty can looks tops!

Bloke with a smaller stick 03gixxerpilot's Avatar
    nice work mate, love the shorty it looks the biz
    Born again Juvenile delinquent

I like the shorty can mate

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    ive come over all "land of dope and tories" now.......

that bike looks great! i really like the progress, very clean

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah I am much happier with it as it sits at the moment. The note is heaps better with the shorty can as well. I will be grabbing some leds this afternoon and fitting them up. I am still not happy with the way that the head lights and the instrument cluster are mounted but I will have a play with that over the coming weeks once I have the new bars fitted up. I will probably make up a belly pan for it as well and then maybe something with the paint. It just seems to be never ending once you get started.

Cheers
    Paul

Weekend Warrior
    So I painted the undertail and fitted the LED's pretty happy with it I still have the problem of the high speed indicators but I am sure that I different flasher unit will fix that.

good work m8 with the tail and the can. the leds look choice as well, how did you wire them in to us that have no idea with electrics?

looks hot, very nice job
    where did you get the leds for the numberplate cos i should finally get off my ass and install one to my bike

Looks great love those leds - ditto Slain - tell us more - where did you get em from?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast