Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SAVE OUR AFR Competition! **Closes 03/03/10**

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

SAVE OUR AFR Competition! **Closes 03/03/10**

THE BIG SAVE OUR AFR COMPETITION!

Ticket Tally at bottom of this post

By now most of you will know that AFR09 ended up costing Si quite a bit of money, in fact I believe he even re-mortgaged his house to finance it. Due to unforseen circumstances namely the rain & a few other factors, he didn't break even, in fact he didn't even come close.

Even though he says he's prepared to cop this expense, I don't think he should have to wear it all on his own, especially if it means that the event won't go ahead next year. This would be a major blow to the custom bike scene in Australia & the loss of a great weekend of bike related madness for all of us. Im sure anyone who has attended the AFR will agree.

I think there is enough members on this site to help out with some of this debt.

Here's how we can all help & maybe win something along the way.

The S_VE OUR A__ Competition is a guessing competition and is open to anyone reading this.

You enter by donating $50 to the ASF bank account listed here:

Bank: NAB
    Account Name: ASF
    BSB: 084-707
    Account number: 821533330

and leaving your username (join up now if you haven't already - it's free) and your answer to the missing letters in the sentence above as the details.

Alternatively you can use the donate button at the top of this screen and leave your username and answer in the paypal message box, but please remember Paypal charges an extra $1.50 in fees.

!!! Important, BE SURE TO PUT YOUR USERNAME IN THE DESCRIPTION & ONLY THE MISSING LETTERS FROM THE SENTENCE ABOVE!!!

Otherwise we won't know who has entered.

Each entry is $50

If you want to enter more than once just donate the required amount relative to the number of entries you want. If you want you can also reply to this topic with how many times you entered, a simple number will do.

Ok hopefully this all makes sense so far.

The competition is limited to 400 entries & will be drawn when all entries are sold.

The draw will take place 11am at Extreme Creations on the Saturday immediately after the competition finishes & the results will be posted here asap after that. Anyone is welcome to attend the draw.

Every entry has a chance of winning a prize, so the more you buy the more chance you have of winning something.

Now to the prizes. This is whats on offer so far, although this list may grow!:

From Extreme Creations - www.extremecreations.com.au
    • A set of custom triple clamps to suit whatever bike you want to the value of $1500.

• An Acewell ACE 3963 Digital Dash.

• 1 of 30 ASF engraved Radiator cap covers.

From ASF
    • The original (hand drawn in pen) artwork for the AFR09 poster in a presentation frame.

• 1 of 10 ASF printed T-Shirts (Design of your choice including a limited run of AFR09 sizes)

From The Motorcycle Tyre & performance Shop in Nerang - the AFR Tyre boys - www.mctyres.com.au
    • 1 of 2 brand new sets of Michelin road tyres delivered anwhere in Australia - In any combo of, Front 120/60/17,or 120/70/17,Rear 180/55/17,or 190/50/17.

x 2 SETS

From Sloth Industries - www.slothindustries.com
    1 of 5 Sloth Packs,as follows.
    • 2 packs consisting of a 'wing singlet',stubbie cooler & trucker cap.
    • 3 Packs consisting of a Sloth T-shirt & a sloth lanyard.

From Chopiesel (Matt Clark)
    9 piece SCANPAN kitchen knife block set valued at $699
    • Fully hot-drop forged construction, finest quality German stainless steel DIN 1.4116 X45 Cr Mo V15
    • Superior taper ground cutting edge
    • Individually Rockwell® hardness tested, hardness 57
    • Genuine Danish design
    • Perfectly weighted and balanced
    • Esteemed SCANPAN® hallmark
    • Ergonomic trilobal handle design
    • 20ş abraded cutting edges
    • Dishwasher safe – but not recommended

From Biker Babes (Brodie) www.bikerbabes.com.au

From Pommy Choppers www.pommychoppers.com

From Just Bikes Magazine (Michael Ryan)
    4 individual prizes of one year subscriptions to Just Bikes Magazine, each valued at $50.

MONO (Nigel)
    A custom made black 47 litre Evakool Esky with ASF logo and slogan valued at $400.

MDM - Streetfighters Magazine(UK)
    MDM and the Streetfighters Magazine Crew have donated some Streetfighter goodies to the cause in the shape of this Streetfighters Mag Goody Bag:

So there you have it, you can help Si & ASF out & have a good chance of winning something as well.
    Prizes are as listed & no, you can't exchange them for cash.

Please remember the purpose of this comp is to help out Si & ASF, the site that has helped out &/or entertained all of us at some stage........

This begins now.

TICKETS SOLD AND ACCOUNTED FOR SO FAR:
    260 tickets / 121 entrants ...as of 3:21pm 2/03/10
    140 tickets left.

This is a big thumbs up from me.
    I donated $50 from the front page of the site but couldn't find any "Description" option.

si would it be better to donate straight to your account or use the paypal link for easier tracking?
    i still have your bank account details, it would save on paypal fees. your call

Yes I believe it is preferable to donate direct to the ASF acc, listed in the members area or if your not a full paid up member you can email me or Si for the details.

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    fucking excellent idea guys and ill take my triple clamps to suit gsxr750 K4 frontend in a bandit frame ben cheers

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    I want to do this through paypal and the donate button, but there is no description button?

Just reply here with what you've donated & I'll get Si to work it out
    or if your shy you can email me with your number of entries.

quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

fucking excellent idea guys and ill take my triple clamps to suit gsxr750 K4 frontend in a bandit frame ben cheers

you my friend are a giant A hole
    though i guess once you have your triples you can send the complete front end upto me so i can fit it to my bandit []

just paid for 4 entries. the least i can do after not being able to turn upto to the actual event [V]

hope i got the answer right

come on you lot, dig deep or there will be no AFR10 and no one wants that do they [}]

awesome ben,Si dug deep so now its our turn..nobody needs to take that sort of a financial hit on his Own..hang in there SI..... donated but couldnt get the save our afr to work..come on lads..

Donated $25 Via Paypal

Confirmation number: 0BS20922693631224.

Couldnt really afford $50 (sorry) and I am already a member so thats $50 in total and I have never been able to make it to an AFR yet... and you bastards wont let me sell the Kat so Im stuck in poverty you PRICKS!!

Anyway.... I do want to see the site continue and dont think Si should have to foot the bill alone... so I did what I could..

Cheers

I havent played with Pay-pal for ages and forgot password, so have done the direct deposit into the ASF Account. I have entered enough to get one ticket so far. Will see how finances go and might get another if any left.

Ta

Jarrod

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I'm in with 1 entry, REF NO 81422432. All the guys that are putting up prizes, you are all dead set legends.

I'm in for a couple - got to keep it going (even tho haven't made it to one yet)

quote:Razorback Posted - 22 Apr 2009 : 09:37:16
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Donated $25 Via Paypal

Confirmation number: 0BS20922693631224.

Couldnt really afford $50 (sorry) and I am already a member so thats $50 in total and I have never been able to make it to an AFR yet... and you bastards wont let me sell the Kat so Im stuck in poverty you PRICKS!!

Anyway.... I do want to see the site continue and dont think Si should have to foot the bill alone... so I did what I could..
    Razorback, while I'm sure Si appreciates the donation I can't give you an entry for a $25 donation as this wouldn't be fair to everyone that is a paid member & has bought entries.
    To be included in the draw you'll need to donate another $25 before the competition closes.

As a note to everyone, if you want to enter the competition please make donations of $50 (or multiples of $50) only.

Good Stuff Ben,

come Pay day Ill get a ticket. sounds good []

Blog Entries
    I am gob smacked by this support guys! Ben came to me with this suggestion a week or two ago and since then the prize pool just keeps getting bigger. I'd even enter myself if I could! (I know how good those triple are).

For those of you that didn't know I'll pipe up with what happened.....
    Althought logistically the AFR was a great success and everyone who attended will vouch for that, the weather well and truly screwed us over. It's on record as the worst weather in many many years and although the hard core AFR fans still made the effort to get there the majority didn't. I know of at least one group of over 50 people that didn't bother coming because of the weather, and I have had 100's of people tellling me that they would have come but they thought the weather had cancelled it. So why didn't I cancel it? Simple, the insurance company we used did have a 'cancelled event policy' but they would not insure for events that had a budget of less than $100,000 to run, and seeing as how the budget was stretched to the absolute maximum at around $75,000 we were just screwed. I should also just mention that I forgot to add the price of alcohol to the final event cost so the final figure was actually $83,000.

The Saturday attendance was relatively good considering the weather, but the bar didn't get used half as much as we would have liked and the sunday attendance was way down (as the weather turned to shit). The final result? With days and days of calculations and working out what happened the final loss was $41,000, this was what I had to come up with and so of course my mortgage took a pounding.

I'm not complaining about it or giving up as the response about this year's event was far and beyond last year's and the result was spot on. We know where the problems stemmed from and we know how to make this work next year without losing, the only thing we don't have is my forgiving mortgage as that's the last I can draw on it, so without that I cannot commit to next year. So whatever you donate will go towards the rebuilding of the event. With your help and then attracting sponsors we hope we can make AFR10 happen.

I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement and support as it's you guys that make it worth while. And to all those other guys that are still contacting me saying they can add to the prize pool as well - thanks heaps!

kramdrallim, stu and davio from this topic: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...TOPIC_ID=14957 I have already put your donations towards tickets guys so you're already in - and thanks again!

Weekend Warrior
    Done.
    I waited all year for this AFR and Hanging out for the next one.
    The rain would have put a lot of casual riders off. It pissed down all week.

I have just done a direct deposit of $250 for 5 tickets, probably more than I can afford, but its not fair that this debt falls on one person.

Good luck with getting back into the black mate, and this competition reminds me why bike riders are some of the best people around.

ASF Premium Full Member El_Hefty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    done a hopefully speltt 'safe owr ARF' right but ive got a couple of tickets coming my way ... paid through paypal... which i noticed youve set up for an automated 1 ticket only ...so i did it via your email address...

ive enjoyed it now for a couple of years and want to enjoy for years to come....
    I can handle pain until it hurts.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast