Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stu at the freestyle park.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    hi stu, nice write-up in rapid

just one Q, do u sell those radiator caps on ya site mate??
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Unique idea for the back end. Nice job!

Weekend Warrior
    killer ride dude love the look...
    cant wait to get the mag!!

Weekend Warrior
    I just been browsing through your website and mate, I gotta say, and i say this with absolutely No disrespect for you personally, the prices of the after market add-ons to your bike are NOT moderate. I gotta disagree with the write-up. Although the bike is fucking awesome and certainly a credit to you and the builder, the [u]new </u>aftermarket parts you used - clearly parts from your own Austreetfighter range - are not inexpensive. And that's not even mentioning how much it must have cost to employ a top customizer for the build!

But all in all i love the bike.

Quality will always cost Willy, I think that what Stu meant is that the prices were pretty good GIVEN the quality, and if you looked at the price of getting some of this kit just 5 years ago, then yes the price has dropped (as availability has improved).
    I have looked at the alternatives, and they all involve a lot more hassle, are generally not as good, and rarely result in any significant cost saving. A case in point is my riser plate, I designed it myself, had the basic shape and Fork Stanchion holes cut by an engineer, did the rest of the work myself. Took a significant amount of time, running around, drilling, finishing (yet to be completed), had to locate risers for it, then modify them to fit, and for what? I prefer my riser plate, because I made it, but most people would probably prefer the ABM unit that Stu sells, and it would hve cost me significantly less all up to purchase the ABM one from Stu.
    Try pricing a similar build in Humpty Dumpty land, you might get a nasty shock.

Weekend Warrior
    You definately got a point chalkers, BUT, when you're on a budget, not many people can see the value in paying $120 for a mini resevoir, or around $80 for a bloody resevoir cap! (just an example) When we make it ouselves it GENERALLY costs less, and depending on your workmanship, sometimes the quality is just as good - if not better. I really pity the blokes that have no idea mechanically. They would do better buying a new bike! And nowadays that's not a moderate price to pay!!

Anyway, mate i'd love to see your riser/triple set up.

i like to compare the prices as if u had dumped your bike down the road and were looking to replace it with parts from the manufacturer

if u compare stu's prices to those he is WELL out in front

sure some things like the blinging MC cap etc u could go without on a budget build
    but this is a 2-wheeled catalogue/advertisment for his livelyhood

and a damn good one at that!!!

ps- rapid tend to be a bit full of the brown stuff in most of there write-ups anyways...
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah, that's fair enough fimp. Some of his products are without equal. It seems as though this is becoming more a debate of opinion and everyone has one. I was just expressing mine.
    cheers

no probs

to be honet stu confessed to me on the fools run that we arent really who he sells most of his stuff to anyways
    most of us here on the site have our own sources/hook-ups

although i must thank stu for the great job he does
    my mirrors turned up today, fast post and personalised service
    what more could ya want?
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Lookin good there Stu....

Now about that little matter of some faulty arrowhead LED indicators for my Firestorm [^]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12