Thread: Master Cylinder Question gen1_BUSA to '05_ZX6R

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar

Master Cylinder Question gen1_BUSA to '05_ZX6R

Hi all,

am fitting up my new radial calipers and boughta ZX12R master cylinder and lines

but looking at it i think its pretty similar to the gen1 busa master cylinder i am using
    i thought it would be a radial jobbie but its not

anyways, i would like to keep using the extended lines i have now

is there anything i can check to see if my current setup
    (busa master cylinder, 02 gsxr1000 calipers) will suit the 05-06 ZX6R radial calipers that i have now?

any measurements i could do with the verniers to confirm that it wont fuck up at 200kph [xx(]
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

ASF Premium Full Member
    I'm using the master from a 91 model gsxr11 (combined master and res) with 03 gsxr radials without any probs for the last year or so, which has included track days.
    more titanium than my bike

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Don't stress Fimp, it's a common misconception that you hafta use a radial m/cyl with radial calipers. Lots of production bikes came out with conventional m/c's & radial calipers for the first year or 2 that radials were introduced. A 14mm or 5/8" bore conventional m/cyl is fine for your radials mate, after all, it's only pushing fluid, it doesn't matter whether it's pushing it north - south or east - west, it all ends up compressed the same.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    thanks mateys!

yeah, when i saw a normal-looking master cylinder in the post-bag yesterday i was about to send off bad feedback thinking that the guy had ripped me off!

so all i need to do is make sure that the bolts at the caliper ends of the hoses i have now fit alright and she's apples
    Rev the fucker!!!!!