Thread: '91 gsxr 750 cam's

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder

'91 gsxr 750 cam's

was just putting the beast back together and i dont know how i didnt see it wen i was pulling it appart, 2 of the lobes on the inlet cam and 2 on the exhaust are pitted severly , question is wot is my best way to go about this? , get em redone ? , get 2nd handies? , or new?
    thanks
    Carl

Weekend Warrior
    Can get them welded and refaced but not sure who'd you get to do it. Try and get in tough with Dave hall up that way. He used to be into bikes big time. Got a few cams at home but have no idea what they are atm and not home til 28th. Might pay to check the faces of the rockers on those lobes. They could be pitted as well.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    hi OZ , thanks for the reply , i just put em back in for now , figured the clearences were all good, the faces of the arms arnt tooo bad , who knows how long its been like it , they will do for a few more K's. was leaning toward getting them refaced atleast that way i know the journals will all match up, was just curious to see what others had done in the same situation. will get some prices and work out the best way to go.
    i feel awkward asking basic questions , but advice you get from people who live it to me is far more acurate than from a shop who just wants your coin.
    Cheers

Weekend Warrior
    Dingo,

Was told years ago that the dumbest question is the on you don't ask.

Better to feel silly for 5 nimutes asking a "dumb" question than to be thought dumb for life for not asking it.

Most of the blokes here have been there, done that at some stage and have either found out the right way to do something, learnt the hard way or had someone to point them in the right direction. It's called experience. You aren't born with it and the only way to get it is learn. That's what you are doing.... learning. Stay with it and don't be afraid to ask. Way cheaper than doing the wrong thing and having something go "bang".