Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My gpz9r fighter

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Shift those cut outs are the nuts. Tho the second last one I see all too often with all the work I've been doing lately on the old girl.
    I fee like homer simpson.

Tank goes on. Tank comes off. Tank goes on. Tank comes off...

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    yeah i thought they were pretty cool too. That frame is nuts, ive never paid much attention to it before.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks for all the advice guys.Shift I will be welding braces and gussets where i can get them for sure.About the light, i kept it as i didnt have the cash for anything else and i didnt mind the old skool look but iam keen to change in the near future wat would you suggest?.Also shift i will be keeping the clipons and those pictures are awesome,your bike looks great to love the colour.Hey chalk how is your 9 going?.Zx12argh i will have a think about the dash thanks anyway it will depend on what light i go with.

Thanks for the pics Shift. Those carbs on the 12 look like they'll pose a fair few problems though. I did look at the GPz11, but fuck all motors around, and a complete bike seems a waste just for the motor. Plus, and the most important point, I'm an old fart stuck in the 80's

The RX motor gives me a more powerful base engine, without going over the top (the 9 is my run around town bike, so I want something vaguely tractable and easy to live with). For a full house Fighter I'm actually looking at a GSXR1127+[], or maybe even a blade[:0].
    I'm not a great fan of turbo's, but I would love a good supercharged unit.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It fits Piz, come on tell the boys it is basically in position.

3 things that are going to be tricky is

1 Some sort of air box setup
    2 A few tank modifications underneath to help with air entry into the throttle bodies
    3 Piz has to grow some bigger balls to ride the thing

I have been trying to get him to Turbo it as well but i just can't convince him [V]

pizz, i had my square headlight on for awhile but the 750 light was huge compared to yours.

Ive actually grown fond of the bmw r headlight with the two different sized bulbs, ill have to find a pic.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Thanks jaffa yeah the biggest problem might be growing those balls i reckon.You havent told the boys about your new toy yet?[]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Yeah shift i know the one you meen.I was thinking maybe something like whats on the 07 300ktms but i am not sure i havent really looked that hard yet.

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Hi guys just a few progress pictures of my zx12r engine swap.

Blog Entries
    Woah! Now this is going to be good!

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Bloke with a smaller stick
    That frame should be fairly rigid now Ben.

"It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Yeah i hope so iceman i still have a few more braces to put in yet,and i have to finish the rear engine mounts.I have had to modify under the tank to fit it over the throttle bodies and to fit the fuel pump in it aswell.So next weekend will be spent welding up the tank.It all seems to fit ok i will be using the under side of the tank as the air box then putting a aluminium plate around the throttle bodies to seal them and then using some sought of heavey foam to seal it all together as the frame will run through the airbox then drop down to get some volume into the air box.Well that was one way to solve the air box situation maybe, wat do you guys think?Thanks guys.

that looks great pizz!!! im amazed. Is the motor offset to the right to line your chain up? or is the picture decieving? I cant believe how wide the clutch cover is on that thing!!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Shift the chain lines up well where it is now it is a bit decieving with the clutch cover being so much bigger all measurements we have taken have it lined up square though.

Thats wicked This thing is going to be wild...

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    quote:Is the motor offset to the right to line your chain up? or is the picture decieving?
    Hi shift ,.. mate the motor is dead central down the cylinder center lines to the frame,..so yep the pic is deceiving [:I] ,..I took pic ,..sorry about that should of squared it down the back of the bike to give a better indication,...
    Few things of interest are Piz and i took some measurements of the motor and it is dam close in width to the original gpz900r motor except for that bloody hugh clutch cover blows it out by about another 50-70mm from memory.

Other things that are interesting is the Gearbox seems to be alot shorter 50-60mm give or take approx
    Overall height to cam covers is similar if you measure from the flat part of the sump to the top rocker covers, you need to discount the throttle bodies and the additional storage well the sump has.

I forget what ground clearance we ended up with Piz maybe able to chime in here later on with that figure.
    All in all it is a surprisingly neat fit and Piz is doing a splendid job of getting it together and ensuring the whole thing doesn't wabble down the road ,.. hopefully ,..

That's pretty amazing - good stuff indeed!.

Are you able to run any air fliters on the throttle bodies? It looks a pretty tight squeeze against the top frame rails?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast