Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '98 ZX6R "RATFighter"

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i love ratbikes. maybe thats why i own one....

Here's another way to fix your lights. Connect the red/yellow and blue/yellow wires off the dimmer switch (bottom left of diagram). You can do this at the connector block. This will keep the lo beam on when you switch to hi beam.
    Connect one headlight to red/white and black/yellow (hi beam), and the other to yellow/white and black/yellow (lo beam).
    This diagram is for a ZX9 (thanks Cammy9R), but I think the wire colours are the same.

Hillsy, your a f'kin legend getting that diagram up.
    Good work.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    i think its more fun if one goes off and then the other comes on for hi-beam

than u can wink at peoples
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    I'll post a picture of my headlight diagram from my factory manual. Mine looks pretty different from both of yours. Mine only came with a single headlight unlike zx7. The zx9 came with one, but the wiring diagram is making me sick looking at it. I'm still a liitle confused.[xx(]

Weekend Warrior
    wait, some zx9s came with 2...older ones. Geezas. Well, I overheard someone saying it's going to f'n snow this week! It'll probably melt since it's not cold enough yet.

that front rim has a pearler of a ding in it. does the tyre still seal and hold air?

Weekend Warrior
    Actually, yes. I convinced the salvage yard it was junk, so they gave me a new wheel when I bought it. I'll put that on eventually.

Weekend Warrior
    I picked up an oil cooler, frame sliders , and an oil cooler sandwich adapter. I'll hook it up after it snows so I don't dig into it when it's riding weather, then finsih it when it snows and I can't ride. I'll take pics of it mocked up. I think it fills the major void inbetween the "toecutter" ender and those beady little headlights that stare you down.[}]
    OH YEAH, I got the ram air ducts on too. You'll see those suckers as well! I'm starting a new project late this winter. I'm starting anew thread. Check it out if you're intrested. Give me ideas!
    -Crazy Cale
    USA
    AKA: MADMAXMAN

Weekend Warrior
    ...Toecutter [u]F</u>ender

HI madmaxman
    you wrote in an other tread this
    those r1 tails are nice, I considered one for my bike, but there long. I wanted a stumpy tail, shorter than the rear tire.(or tyre, for you guys down south.)
    i take some pics for you in that .. look here

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=3025

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for the pics outlaw, I added them to my archive. I have a shitload of pics of bikes. Good place to find ideas for future projects!
    I'M gonna modify my subframe as well this winter my streetfighter brethren. I'll modify a pic real qwik so you guys can get an idea of what she'll look like this spring when I burn out of my garage.
    LOOK!!!!

I don't remember if I posted this before or not, but I'll post it again. Because I like it.[^]

if you adjust your rear with glassfibre along the rear frame and to the tank it will be looking very good..but (sorry) your belly looks urgh...(i thing)
    what do you thing about this one
    IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2130/cbrfighter009eb9.jpg[/IMG

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah, that's not a bad looing pan. And no, I don't take ANY offense if you don't like my pan. I'm not really conviced mines going to stay on it! If you havn't noticed, my pan is just my old seat fairing cut up and flipped over, so I didn't put any cash into it, not a big loss if I lose it!
    I'll keep shopping for one that tickles my fancy...

correct..if you loose it it was cheap..
    if you want some more ideas for body parts..tell me ..i send you an e mail whith lots of different parts...

Blog Entries
    I've said it before many times, and now I'm going to say it again - I love those Z650 ducktails. Second photo's gone MMM.....

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks Gix, my mistake!

Weekend Warrior
    I just got the oil cooler sandwich adapter in the mail. I picked up an oil cooler from the salvage yard too. Looks dirty, but neat! Sorry I han't got any pics up, It's been too cold and windy to wheel the bike outside for a decent shot.
    The sandwich adapter should work but the center bolt is a tad too small for the filter. the package says 18mm, but the filter threads on too loose. Does anyone know the size of the threads on a Kawasaki oil filter?
    I'm looking in your direction EXBEN...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12