Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '98 ZX6R "RATFighter"

Weekend Warrior

'98 ZX6R "RATFighter"

If you guys want MORE pics, let me know!
    -MMM

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    can we EVER have too many pics??
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Yeh, where's the rest of them.......back shot please. Need to see the crucial exhaust pics...hahahaha.

Like the headlights , where did u get them from????? The wiring looks like a bitch....(i hate wiring)

Weekend Warrior
    I'v egiven up on the wiring, i'll juat pay someone to do it. It's a fucking MYSTERY to me. I wish I was good at it. I'll get more pics up in a day or two. All angles.

Wiring isnt that bad . Just be systematic with it. Get yourself a good wiring diagram and deal with one wire at a time. Identify it, determine where it is supposed to go, mark it and move onto the next. The worst thing you can do is sit back and look at the entire mess.

Dont get me wrong it is still a prick of a job. But doable.

Get some more pics up!

Getting rid of all the wiring that is always found behind the standard headlight is one the streetfighters biggest nightmares. Any relays can be moved to elsewhere. I strapped a couple to the outside of the RHS fork between the triple clamps. They looked cool. Disconnect any idiot lights you don't want and remove the wires to back under the tank. Label these wires here in case you need them again later on. Once you're happy with the bundle of wires left, start binding them up with cable-ties. Start in small groups and work up to bigger groups. You will be suprised how compact you can make the wires. Just do what Boris says...take your time. But remember make sure the motor runs before changing the wiring.
    Good luck.

I hate the wiring too!
    but do it on your own.. if you had problems with it you know witch wire is for and you can repair it..
    the problem is always the same...
    i do it on this way..
    sit down (with some cans of beer) take one by one wire and two days later it looks like this...

Weekend Warrior
    My biggest problem is figuring out how to make my twin headlights work with the factory Hi/Lo switch. The ZX6 only came with a single bulb with three wires going to it.
    Each of my projectors have two wires. I can't figure out how to use a relay, wire the lights into my switch, and make both come on for Hi-beams and one come on for low beams, which need to be on all the time in the US. So really, it's not even legal yet. ANY TIPS?
    The more tips, the more pics!

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Madmaxman u are a fukin NUTCASE!!!!! hahaah luv it!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Hey MadMaxman look here for how to wire your ZX lights http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/t...?TOPIC_ID=2942 Your diagram is slightly diferent but the principle is the same ( & I can't be assed drawing it again)

Weekend Warrior
    YES! thanks for the link! If that does it, I'll bust ass to get a picture of this thing on one wheel!
    I'll try it out today.

Weekend Warrior
    Oh, and does anybody recognize that spoiler under the pipes? Does it look like it's possibly been cannibalized from another part of the bike...

I'm going to use a Supertrapp "disc-only" muffler when it starts getting ridden daily. (after I pass legal inspection with the stock can, of course[}])
    That should give it a very throaty, yet "raspy" exhaust note. I don't want the F1 sound for this bike, that for race replicas, not Ratfighters. I still love that sound though.(especially 750 suzukis at about 14,000 RPM!)

Weekend Warrior
    Since you fellas gave me some wiring tips, I'll post some pics of my new ram air ducts. the're pure-evil![}][}][}]
    They look like the're made to impale bystanders.[:0] My dad thinks they look like the engine grew horns that jabbed through the frame.
    have I satisfied your guys' curiosity yet?

Blog Entries
    I would say that belly pan is your old tail piece chopped up and flipped over. Am I right?

Weekend Warrior
    Bing-o. It was busted, so I put it to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast