Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GK's little 400ss

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Hey Davio you obviously missed my initial post, ally this and ally that costs, this will be a quick cheap build (is there any such thing), oh and ahhh yeah, picked her up for five hundred readies, plus he threw in a free upholstery job(his trade) on the cafe fighter seat.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Thats gonna sweet GK! Keep up the pace now...

managed to score a benelli mojave tank the same as the one on this ducati monza

wish i knew how to upload more than one pic in the same reply, cafe seat base should arrive around the same time as tank, then can finally do first mock up, have had my first issue with this build, seems the powder coater dude reckons candy blue is too expensive to stock and too hard to apply, looks like I will be going over to the Mount(gambier)tomorrow and collect my rims and lower triple, and give them to a coater who has some balls

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    looking forward to seeing that

love little bikes
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

rigged up an engine stand from an old clothes lineI told the missus years ago it might come in handy, wheels are ready to pick up from the powder coaters and spokes should arrive by friday as well.
    fuck me the drag bike needs a new clutch pack put in, a new throttle installed and the airshifter fixed before warracknabeal next week and the missus has just informed me the verandah decking and retaining walls have to be finished[B)]gotta love being busy.

you cant ride a retaining wall

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    awsome mate so are you coming up for the drags if ya are hopefully there will ba a few of us so we will see you there mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

one of those was the first road bike i got on the back of.........i thought they were awrsome haha real power house cant wait ta see how it come's up !

been busy on that site while waiting for powder coaters

a great set of hagons at a bargain price

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    lookin good mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

+1 buddy!

Hey r those rearsets ebay jobbies? They look pretty substatial hey...

love that tank, she'll be a pearler when it's done

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by gixkat

rigged up an engine stand from an old clothes lineI told the missus years ago it might come in handy, wheels are ready to pick up from the powder coaters and spokes should arrive by friday as well.
    fuck me the drag bike needs a new clutch pack put in, a new throttle installed and the airshifter fixed before warracknabeal next week and the missus has just informed me the verandah decking and retaining walls have to be finished[B)]gotta love being busy.
    dad recons your an ideas man

BTW does't the drill like loud noises ? []

Ok sorry i took so long between posts, but life gets in the way (nephew had a lung transplant), the frame is back from the coaters and i shaped an old street sign to fill in between the seat rails, burnished it to a matt style finish, too lazy for polishing, the battery will sit there on its side (sealed gel & fibreglass matt type).

welded a plate on the tank for bolting to the frame will insert a couple of rubber feet on this plate for vibration protection, was thinking of filling this end of the tank like "Owned" did on his tank, but i want access to this area as i will be using this space for some of the electrics, a specially designed seat will cover the hole ( i Just have to design it, lol) the idea is there in my head and hopefully will come out this weekend.

Inserted some rubber mounts on the underside of the seat base that sit on the frame rails, next is a fibreglass seat pad that will be shaped to cover the back end of the tank, this will have clevis pins fibreglassed in to it that will go thru the seat base and seat rails i welded in earlier and be secured with clips making the whole shebang very quick and easy to take off for access to battery or elecrics.

these are the rearsets i picked up from the bay of E, also the chain guard i fabbed up from the left overs of that street sign .

polished up the top part of the tree and coated the bottom half same as frame, tapered bearings fitted of course, now i just need to fabricate a mount for the guages and twin spotties i will use for lights, the neutral and oil warning lights will be relocated into the guage faces (no indicator lights) getting rid of the idiot light set up will make for a much cleaner look im hoping, will also be looking to clean up the bars by having my ignition as my starter button , so should only be the throttle and brake lever on the right side

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    That looks so fucking hot. If Mr Honda was watching...he'd be wishing he built an original *Blue Frame 400* back in the day.

Is the nephew ok?

He's not looking too good Large, they have put him in a coma, to try and stabalize him as he's got a blood infection and with the anti rejection drugs he has no white blood cells to fight it off, the poor bugger has lost an eye to the infection, they are going to stop the anti rejection drugs and see if his immune system can fight the infection because none of the anti biotics are working, only 21yo and hasnt been able to live life yet,I know one thing I'm getting sick of visiting family members in intensive care units.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    Godspeed to him and his family.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Bike looking awasome mate, lovin the frame. Sucks for your nephew tho. Positive thoughts can move mountains mate, mine are with your family. All the best.
    Bryn.
    :cool: Oblivious !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast