Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    i worked for a U.S drilling company for 5 years the yanks really are over the top...head honcho of the rig said if ur ever in texas to drop in and visit after finding out i did a bit of shooting years befor...said we could CAP OFF a couple of thousand rounds ! how many guns do you own i asked ? bout 24 rifles he said..how many hand guns i asked..hmmmmm dont know heaps was the reply ! did"nt go.

quote:Originally posted by evilkarl

Fact is people become hero's when they have a gun in hand
    Sounds a lot like a computer keyboard.

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    Quick wheres Cruise? [B)]

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

But people who need 20 rifles to sometimes go to a shooting range i dont beleave should have a licence.
    Jeeze weasel I'm glad you don't think the same way about bikes. Or people that lovingly restore their Manx and their GSXR750 RR and their TZ to only dust them off once a year for revival meets would be fucked.
    youd talk to the guy with 20 bikes...
    I dont think youd want to hang around the fella with 20 guns and nothing to do
    Actually i do mate, every time I'm down at the range.

I personally think Our Gun Laws are crap. They only stopped honest decent hardworking folk from owning firearms. They sure as hell haven't reduced the amount the crims have. I know of a heap of ways to import them into the country and have heard of rackets doing just that.

Look at Texas. Lowest Murder and violent crime stats in the world. Why? Because the good folk of Texas are able to carry sidearms legally in public and they do. You wanna hold up a store with a syringe? You're probably gonna get shot by a customer with a sidearm. You wanna pull a knife on the bloke at the ATM? The Granny waiting in line is probably gonna shoot you. It works! The mere presence is a deterrent.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    What a load of absolute and utter bullshit.

Total murders in Texas 2007 = 1420 (Population 23 million)
    Total murders in Australia 2007 = 37 (Population 21 million)

Source: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/txcrime.htm
    Source: http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/

Guns are a tool.

quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I personally think Our Gun Laws are crap. They only stopped honest decent hardworking folk from owning firearms. They sure as hell haven't reduced the amount the crims have. I know of a heap of ways to import them into the country and have heard of rackets doing just that.

Look at Texas. Lowest Murder and violent crime stats in the world. Why? Because the good folk of Texas are able to carry sidearms legally in public and they do. You wanna hold up a store with a syringe? You're probably gonna get shot by a customer with a sidearm. You wanna pull a knife on the bloke at the ATM? The Granny waiting in line is probably gonna shoot you. It works! The mere presence is a deterrent.

I think you may be a dickhead

Hey Stu, best to stick to the facts mate, as for guns im not against them, i just dont know that i would feel that safe in a community where every Tom Dick and fuckwit is allowed to carry a firearm.

An interesting comparison stats wise would be police related shooting deaths between here and the UK, where obviously most police are unarmed, my point being if you have a firearm you will most likely use it.

The problems aren,t the firearms perse, but the psyche of the people using them, look around at the young fellas today, when i grew up in the inner burbs of melbourne you may have got into a punch up every second month or so with other young blokes out on the prowl, you gave a whack or copped one, game over, now everyone is fair game, women, old men and blokes out with their wives and kids are all targets for a full on kicking, until we straighten this shit out we cant afford to have liberal gun laws in our society.

I'm sure someone would be able to point out a country with more liberal gun laws than ours and a lower gun related crime rate, if that is the case then we need to learn from that society.

More often than not gun owners in this country are sensible law abiding people who go through the process and rigmarol to get a gun license, its time consuming and frustrating, perfect for keeping the fuckwits from going out and getting one.
    my two cents, GK

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Tough one this, I had a gun for years but when my boy came along, it went. I used it for sport and kept it in a strong box when not in use, although sometimes if it was being cleaned it might sit around for a while until it went back in the box. Would I use it to harm another person? No. If some drugged up little cunt came to my house and tried to do a number on my family, I think I might. But this is where it all goes a bit bandy, I would go to prison because I shot the little fucker, never mind if he hadn’t of entered my house to do me or my family harm in the first place he would still be alive.

With regard to gun laws there should be an attachment of cause and effect. If you put your self in a situation where you intend to cause physical harm or severe distress to a third party, or your actions are of a nature that convinces the third party to fear for their safety or the safety of an innocent being attacked or threatened, and you are shot during that action, then you are the cause of your own injuries and must take sole responsibility for the effects of you actions, and any wound, fatal or otherwise.

In a nut shell,

Stay at home, mow your grass, spend time with your family, clean the car, build a streetfighter, watch T.V., eat a pizza, go to the pub and have a good time, take a holiday, go fishing, have some more kids, and I hope you have a nice life.

Or,

Go out looking for trouble, and don’t be surprised if you get it.

quote:Originally posted by Harry

BLOODY MOTORBIKES tempory australian !
    3/4"s of a million k"s and 38 years cruisin im still here !!!!!!
    I kno its WAY off topic (like thats ever stopped anyone on here b4) but I fuckin hate that "temporary australian" bullshit!
    Get this, my girlfriends older brother, who used to ride by the way, took it upon himself when he met me n my bike to lecture me on how I should have my priorities right n how bikes are an unnecessary risk n I should be more sensible now that I have a partner to think about![xx(]
    Needless to say I promptly told him where to shove his ideas & to fuck orf! Limp dick faggot! For some reason I dont think he likes me... HaHa![^]

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote; For some reason I dont think he likes me... HaHa!

Why's that then mate?

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan
    Limp dick faggot! For some reason I dont think he likes me... HaHa![^]
    he is jealous your dating his sister [][:X]

quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Quote; For some reason I dont think he likes me... HaHa!

Why's that then mate?
    LOL! Coz he's a douche bag with an attitude problem! [^]

quote:Originally posted by evilkarl

What a load of absolute and utter bullshit.

Total murders in Texas 2007 = 1420 (Population 23 million)
    Total murders in Australia 2007 = 37 (Population 21 million)

Source: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/txcrime.htm
    Source: http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/

Your figure of 37 Homicides in 2007 was vastly incorrect.

My statement was based on significantly old data which was incorrect as well, but you did point me in the right direction to update my information.

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/mr/01/

This report presents findings from and an overview of key characteristics of the 18th annual collection of homicide data (2006-07), the most comprehensive collection on homicide in Australia, including details on victims, offenders, and incident circumstances. Australia wide, 260 incidents of homicide occurred in the year, taking 266 victims and involving 296 offenders. This was a decrease of 23 incidents and 45 victims from the previous year and is consistent with a significant long-range trend toward fewer incidents both per capita and absolutely since inception of the NHMP. In that period, male offender rates have fallen from a peak of 3.8 per 100,000 to 2.3 per 100,000, and female offender rates have remained relatively unchanged at around 0.5 per 100,000.

I'm not going to bother confirming your above information, I believe you, but regardless your statement about Texas was plucked outa your ass.

ALL gun owners should be shot!!!

Not that im taking sides or anything.

bwaahhhaahaaa, good one Des, now thats bringing this debate back to the typical ASF level, love it.

Weekend Warrior
    lol compare texas to the rest of the shithole of usa with murder statistics then talk.
    Bet u its realativly sweet

i agree weasel, i am fucking sick of the things and last thing i want is one at home.
    people do realise that to shoot a pistol accuratly is a difficult thing? none of this movie bullshit where the high school slut racks the weapon using her two tiny fingers and casually shoots people in the head.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast