Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TCU Biker Build Off 09 - Santee GSXR

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Anything new? This build is sweet!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Well . Two things up til today had been delaying me. The first was a filthy flu that I've had for almost 2 weeks . The second was negotiations over the sale of the bike. The person that was in negotiations with me to buy the bike wanted some pretty big changes to finish off the bike. These included seat , controls , pipes , bars , tank and many other changes . This ment holding off on doing anything that I'd just have to un-do . Well the "buyer" out of the blue low balled me on the price to the point that if I finished it I would walk away with a crippling loss if I accepted and in reality I could sell off parts of the bike for more than he offered . Was always my intention to sell this bike at the finish but two things are stopping that . The first being the Recession and the second is these nasty "Anti Bikie" laws just passed here making it impossible to ride a custom bike anywhere without being pulled over for interogation . At the moment you can't give choppers away here so I can't justify at the moment spending the cash to finish the bike off when that cash represents a chunk of the money I need for Bonneville in August . So then I'm faced with three choices. One , finish the bike and sell it at a huge loss . Two , part the bike out and make what I can off the parts in the short term (this was the option my business advisor favoured) . Three , shelve the bike for now and finish it when the market picks up again . So , against the advise of my betters I'm shelving the bike for now and will put the time back into the business where it can earn for me not just be a two wheeled money pit. Thats it. Can't really justify finishing it if I can't sell it for at least cost value .

bugger - sorry to hear mate. It was coming along nicely too.

yeah mate sorry to hear the news but ya gotter look after the income first

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123