Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FINISHED 4 NOW!! Bandit , VFR SSSA, K7 Front

FINISHED 4 NOW!! Bandit , VFR SSSA, K7 Front

Remember this, well just started stage 2, could'nt leave well enough alone, so the plans are K7 front end with radial brakes,1" bars with internal throttle, bars will be drilled to take small button latching switchs instead of standard switchgear,the bandit 600 engine removed and fitted an 1127 gsxr and loom, vfr wsinger, and hope too modify the take too take the acewell spedo, so should be fun,,

TOO THIS

Got the front end in, new bearings and seals fitted, de-seemed the standrd bottom yoke, and polished it, with the addition off another pinch bolt, no other reason other than it looks better,,engine fitted and wiring loom fitted top yoke drilled for risers,,,

then too fit this,

i started the swinger conversion, had too remove the stock linkage mounts, the arm is now machined and ready too fit, but need bearings, these are 6904 2RS for anyone who's interested, i want to got with the GSXR1000 shock so had to open up the shock 2mm on the bottom to fit the vfr nuclke joint,

Top mounting plates for the shock linkage -> frame

Bottom plates

Bottom too frame

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    very nice bogy it will look the dogs when finished
    and should go like fuck.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    some tidy looking brackets there!

look forward to more progress pics
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Got the swinger in and brackets welder, bit of trial and error too get the ride hight set, and allowing clearance for the shock to move freely without hitting the swing arm, still a long way too go yet,next up is swinger polishing, and wheel sorted,

And another, more updates too follow,,,

Nice work mate

Awesome!!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    mate that looks fuckin sweet i love it

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

gotta love it mate..top shit

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Top bit of engineering matey, that looks the dogs bollocks.

Its the exact swing arm I brought for my Blade that wouldnt fit. Its interesting to know it will adapt to go into a Bandit though.

Anyone in the UK intrested in doing the same drop me a line, I still have the arm in my work shop.

Done some of the smaller shitty jobs we all hate doing, tidyed the wiring, lengthened a few others, welded the exhaust headers which had a couple of cracks,got the side casings finished and fitted, filled the engine with oil, got the dyna coils and taylor leads fitted/wired and got the engine cranking over,got the calipiers fitted, and brackets measured for the front fender, loads done, but no big changes,, so nothing worth taking a photo for,, the batterys on the charge, i am for the auto shop too look for a car wheel for the rear, thats the plan, if i can get something i like between the 6"-7" wide range, then ill go for it, need to decide on the swing arm wether too polish it (original plan) or maintance free powder coat it black,,,what think yea fella's,,which one will it be,,,

Go the PC, polishing is so 07

Weekend Warrior
    +1 for the powder coat, think a massive lump of polished metal might look out of place with the rest of your bike, and on the upside next to fuck all maintance,

top workmanship by the way, i love build threads with the detailed photo shots

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast