Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FINISHED 4 NOW!! Bandit , VFR SSSA, K7 Front

And just for you si,

Most of the info is on this thread rod, but the swinger itself is the same one cbrrt had, but did'nt use on his blade, there are mainly 2 types on the vfr750, the one i used was if memory serves me in the region of 228-230mm at the mounting point, this made things simple in the manner that i did,t have too loose a load of metal to get it too fit, machining was minimal with only a few mm's off each side, but as the vfr shock was off center, you need too loose the whole bandit linkage, both top and bottom, and again, look back through this thread and you can see the mounting brackets i made,the bottom brackets determin the ride height, tack them on to the bottom as i did with the wheel in, and put the seat on and try the height position, with the wheel on and no spacer, you will likely have too space the front sprocket out by about 5mm, that meant machining the front nut, and pinning it in place, then spacing out the sprocket cover by the same ammount, and making the pistion rod longer for the clutch cylinder by the same ammount, i used all the original mounting linkages off the vfr, and was able too use a standard GSXR100 K7 rear shock with a little bit of filing on the bottom of the shock mount, this leaves me the option of picking up a second hand Ohlins off fleebay at a later stage, the only thing i am worried about is the fact i have the swinger set in such a way that it has too have me on it,,ie 17 stone, too make the chain run straight, i recon if someone a lot lighter was on the bike it might take lumps out of the rubber chain runner, maybe not, but its that close, but again it was set that way for my height as well, 6'3", so as i just get my feet flat on the ground, so its very high in that respect, i read somewhere that a speed triple hub and wheel fits the vfr swinger, so thats worth a look at a later date, dont really like the 8 spoke wheel, so, if anyone has any info on this please post any links to it on this thread,

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Top work mate that looks fuckin ace.
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

Weekend Warrior
    That looks sweet mate, good to see the new shape Bandits gettin modded. The seat unit goes well with the tank, the only thing that detracts my eye is the rear frame/subframe IMHO i would of choped it right off and made a floating seat unit. One good thing with the new shape is the expance were the airbox lived...ideal place for a draw thru turbo......Mmmmmmm

Turbo,,,,thats maybe next year!!)

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    thanks for that mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456