Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B.U.I. built under influence (Davo's GSXR11)

Bloke with a smaller stick
    He must be an older brother cause after Davo was born his parents were banned from breeding.
    "It's the eighties and I'm down with the ladies"

quote:Originally posted by Iceman

He must be an older brother cause after Davo was born his parents were banned from breeding.

Yeah, well, at least every body knew his parents had been breeding.[}] What did they say to yours Ice [?]

Waddafuck? where'd ya find that?

quote:Originally posted by turbokat

O.M.F.G. [:0] There goes the neighbourhood [V]
    Davo has a brother! (or is it an Evil-er Twin[?])
    God help us all.

Look Davo may be a twee little chap[8D], but even still, there's no woman who could handle two of me, either pre or post natal.[8D]

One of me is always more than enough for any woman (to have to tolerate that is), wish I could say the same about Davo though.[^]

New to Streetfighters
    believe it boys there is another more well practised obnoxiuos bastard amongst you now!pitty the poor prick nolonger was two wheels

New linkages arrived today. Thanks very much to the (ASF member)Engineer who made them for me.So many to choose from. Bottle of smooth blend licker headin your way mate.
    Cheers

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    ooh, they have little "S"'s in em!!!

so cute
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Shit! Nice work Joe. You're on your way big time now Davo.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Lookin good Davo, gunna put up some pics of the installation?

sure mate.its not to hard but ive been documenting it for a "how to".paint went on tonight so should be done by Sunday

cheers mate, looking forward to it.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    also keen to check out how the arrangement works

should look SWEET!!!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Looking good Davo, keep polishing
    Links look XLENT

Weekend Warrior
    Davo, I ain't one to rain on a party but coming from an aviation trade background I know a bit about stresses and stress points in metal fabrication. The links with the 'S' in them I'd personally give a miss. Realistically you'd need to radius out those fine inner points in the 'S' to eliminate or at least reduce the 'stress raisers'.

Hard to explain in words, a picture would be better if you don't understand.

The bottom line is its probable the 'S' links will fail. If so what would be the consequences ??

Cheers Rich

Davo, I agree with Rich, it looks a bit risky to me. The "dogbones" are one of the most stressed parts of the suspension, just ask Mundy. One option may be to double up the linkages with one of the straight ones behind each of the S's, is this what you were planing?

moove the whole thing foward so it takes up the gap to the seat tiger& mate can you ssms me ya addres so i can send up those Yoshi cams & pistons[^]

yeah i cut them ones with the "s" logo, purely as a show ones. hence why there is other dogbones in the box!

still.. i reckon they can be modified to suit the application a backing brace welded to the bones could be a start, or as others have said, doubling up the link would be an alternative.

one obsevation tho, is that on my gsxf, the dog bones are of 3mm mild steel (factory ones) these items davo has are 6mm items.

the structural strength mainly comes from the swingarm its self. the dog bone simply activates and dictates the shock movement, the main reason for the linkage suspension is that there is less shock shaft travel required per given wheel movent, thus making doe a shorter lighter shock asorber, compared to a cantilever style suspension.

they arent really subject to the side to side loadings as the swing arm is.

still, it wouldnt hurt bracing them up a little. send em back down davo, and i can do that for ya if you like.

cheers.joe.

ps..davo, your very welcome. anything else you'd like done?

Look'n good Davo, nice work Joe.

Can't wait to see pics of it altogether.

settle down punters,i wont be using the S bones. they were simply made for demonstration purposes.I know all about strength in dogbones ,thanks anyway Rich n Ben,they will only be used for show days such as Goldcoast bike week(if at all).Thanks again Joe,you are the man.hope ya dont mind mate but i will be passing a spare set on to another ASF member down south(who wishes to remain annonymous at this stage,but the bike will be a fukin worthy stunner when finished).

ps Joe,i've just scored a stainless go-kart frame that is my next project.Lookin at puttin some serious HP engine in it,but i'll need a few things lasered up.Gunna be 1 sic toy and i'll need someone crazy to help me run it in.Rekon its got your name engraved on the side.

pss,Mad1. i'm onto the movin forward thing,fuck knows ive only been lookin at it for 2 weeks solid 2 work out wots gunna happen.Very keen on that tail light as i got an 04 R1 unit that just isnt playin the game and my paint guru is waiting to do his thing.Send it up by mail rather than Rexxie post and i'll fix ya up mate.you have sms.

psss. Iceman,the 04 R1 LED tail light i got may just look the dux on your new arse.I'll let ya know if and when its avaliable.

Cheers xo

Cheers Davo, I've been wonder'n what to use. Best you put up a pic if ya gunna let it go.

davo!! FUCK YEAH!! let me at the kart!!! bwahaha

and thats cool about the dogbones.. they are yours to do as you wish mate

cheers.joe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast