Thread: Bullfrog's GSX1400 - Had the day off today!

Bullfrog's GSX1400 - Had the day off today!

I have the front end off the bike at the moment so I can really start customising a few things so while I was at it I wanted to get rid of the HUGE ignition switch to clear the way for some more goodies I have planned.
    Step 1 -

Open up the wiring loom and realise that I have bitten off way more than I can chew...and persist anyway!
    Step 2 -

Start cutting away.
    Step 3 -

Four hours solid work for THAT!

So what I ended up with is a tiny microswitch to replace the key (on/off) and a momentary push button mounted in the spot where the ignition barrell used to be. The immobiliser/start button will be mounted on a bracket off the front of the top clamp. Not bad for someone who hates wiring. And it works. I also dont need the switch block on the right hand bar now. I just need to get a nice neat little switch block for the left and she'll be apples.

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    notice some blood on the thumb there... getting right in i see

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    i thought maybe you had fitted the nos kit mate and btw i have some more goodies coming your way mate like for example the 50hp jet that i found floating around in my tool box (sorry bout that)but it will soon be with you and your beast

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

That's still on the to do list. I am hoping to do a fibreglass tail and incorporate two 10oz bottles...if I have time. Thanks for the kit too. The wife has been cursing you ever since[]

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nitrous eh? First Wednesday in sept mate, I'll have both cylinders full!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    All that work and not one empty stubbie to be seen..no wonder it only took 4 hours haha

quote:Originally posted by Booah

Nitrous eh? First Wednesday in sept mate, I'll have both cylinders full!
    Hehe...I thought you would like that. I'm not sure if it will be done by then but I will definitely give it a crack! 10.99 here I come.

Beer. I had a headache without the beer.

Blog Entries
    Er, have I missed something? It's nice and all (and a great feeling of satisfaction to get it working), but does this mean anyone can walk up to the bike and start it now without a key?

Weekend Warrior
    Hang on a minute frog what about the SAIS, the bike shouldn't start without the proximity of the key...WTF have you done...I have hot wired my bike with the key sitting on the top of the triple clamp but as soon as you move it 2 inches the bike cuts out..have you bridged out the whole show or what?

The bike wont start without the proximity key (Haven't tested exactly how far away). So I have the key in my pocket and while I am on the bike all is as normal, when I walk away the immobiliser kicks in and you can flick the ignition switch on and off as much as you want but the starter wont kick over.

ASF Premium Full Member fimpBIKES's Avatar
    thats like what i did
    but put it on the left so its not so visible when parked & frees up the right hand side for cold starts

ps- yeah, what gix11 said!
    Rev the fucker!!!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by Bullfrog

That's still on the to do list. I am hoping to do a fibreglass tail and incorporate two 10oz bottles...if I have time. Thanks for the kit too. The wife has been cursing you ever since[]
    my wife stopped cursing at me when i sold it to you mate

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Er, have I missed something? It's nice and all (and a great feeling of satisfaction to get it working), but does this mean anyone can walk up to the bike and start it now without a key?
    To be honest there is not many places where I leave it for more than a couple of minutes by itself anyway, and if they really wanted to steal it they could just push it down the road anyway!