Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th July - Protest ride

ASF Basic Full Member

5th July - Protest ride

PROTEST RIDE
    TOLLS, TAC TAX & FRONT ID PLATES

Anybody here going??

Starts at Doncaster, leaves at noon and heads for Franga town.
    Includes a stint on the new Eastlink toll rd, its free for a month.

C'mon people, dont make me represent ASF all by my little ol'self [:0][}]

I taste so good you'l want the recipe.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I'll be there & so will GSXAR Jo, I've been meaning to post this up myself but I'm too stupid/lazy/forgetful/all of the above. [V]

Hi to everyone,

Attached is information regarding a protest ride for Saturday 5th July 2008.

The State Government is proposing to introduce a number of things in the near future (read below) that will have significant impact on us all in the long term.

Like most things, the government target’s minority groups first, and then move on to the general population.

Motorcyclists are an easy target when it comes to enforcing restriction’s and laws; we are a staggered and diverse identity.

It is time to unite and protest, EVERYONE WITH A MOTORCYCLE NEEDS TO ATTEND AND PROTEST; the numbers will be the only way we will get to stop this becoming LAW.

This has to be HUGE to be noticed

Tell your friends, tell your club members, tell everyone you know to attend this, we do not have a choice, this may be only one of a few opportunities we will get to protest before it is forced upon us.

Please print a copy of the petition document and get as many people to sign it as possible, when full, mail to the address on the top of the page. Thank you.

Any one wishing to ride from Gippsland, please e-mail back, so we can coordinate the trip.

<<Numberplate.doc>>

PROTEST RIDE - TOLLS, TAC TAX & FRONT ID.

There will be a protest ride on Saturday, July 5, 2008. The primary argument will be against road tolls for motorcycles. We'll be collecting signatures on the petition to abolish the $56 a year TAC tax there too. We aim to have stands at the bike expo and the OZ GP to collect signatures. The petition would be given to an MP to present to Parliament probably on November 12, 2008.

Other issues will be raised at the July 5 protest including front ID for bikes, use of bus lanes and similar road space etc.

The assembly area will be the Doncaster Park & Ride - Melway reference Map 46 K1. It's virtually empty on a Saturday and makes a good point that to encourage commuters on motorcycles & scooters to wear protective gear we need lockers like bicyclists get. It's left out the gate. A few metres and left onto the Eastern Freeway which becomes Eastlink toll road. Traffic was light when these pictures were taken. Eastlink opens Sunday, June 29. There is a toll free period of a month.

At noon riders will be asked to proceed to Frankston at 10 kph under the speed limit. Probably 90 kph most of the trip. The distance will be around 60 kms. The destination probably Fankston Civic Centre - Melway reference map100A C9. There will be no road tolls.

We'll confirm the Frankston end after we've done a route survey.

All road registered trikes, sidecars, Motorcycles & scooters welcome. On the ride normal road laws applies and each rider is responsible for him/her self.

We will be inviting City Councillors and MPs from along the route to be at the start or the finish or to ride with us. The media too. We'll be looking for responsible pilots to take passengers.

If we get the numbers, the November protest goes ahead, if not, it doesn't. Hopefully some riders will be tempted to come a fair distance for a chance to ride the new super road before the tolls start. Others may be inspired by the recent successful protests by taxi drivers and pensioners but I doubt we'll see any topless riders this time of year. Other still may be angry that our representatives on VMAC have not stood up for the motorcycle community's interests.

Please spread this around as you see fit.

ASF Basic Full Member
    Im that lazy/busy/etc etc. that i knew if i didnt get the full info up someone else would [}][}][}]

Thanks Turbs

And not too forget the wonderful, vivacious and most talented GSXAR Jo [:X][:X][:X] for telling me about this in the first place.

I might just have to make an appearance and come down from <s>sunny</s> Ballarat and grace you all with my presence
    I will probably be down Friday night. Maybe beer somewhere would be a good idea[]

My fault I emailed it out but I should have posted it to. No excuses anymore with the flashy work lap top n go any where net whooo hoooo..

Turbo chicky babe once again you plan it so I cant play Arranged to ride down from a meeting point here, but will see who eva goes there Hmmm thinking again maybe we should have a fighta meet point
    Kato are you going......Can ya drink n miss behave yet can ya can ya[]

ASF Standard Full Member oldskool's Avatar
    Im in may even take my take 2 oldskool Slabby
    "I call it a Camberwell carrot as I invented it in Camberwell and it looks alot like a carrot"

ASF Basic Full Member
    Gsxar,

Im in mate Even if its raining.
    Misbehaving is what i used to do best [}]
    Cant wait to have another go.

If you guys want to make a fighter meeting point and we all go in together thats a goer with me.
    Trevs Triumph is currently being re-built. He wont get on the back of mine ??!!
    If he pulls he's finger out and gets it finished he'l be there with me, otherwise daddy will be babysitting

Weekend Warrior
    I'll be there too, with me mutt on the tank.
    Will protest that new bullshyte rule in N.S.W. while we are it.

No animals on the tank crap.

Holly shyte batman just read the MRA forum about the ride.
    Seem they aint supporting as well as wankariders either.
    Fuckem. See yas there.
    I'll be easy to spot Black naked ZRX with little red dog on the tank.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Ill be there if i can get my shitbox running ...
    A meeting point is a must ... anywhere is fine with me .... Gibbo's new joint? it would be a easy run up the fwy from there..

Gibbo's is good.
    If we could fit in at least 1 high speed lap of the Dandenongs or even the Kew boulevard somehow, that would break up the boredom of all the freeway riding we'll hafta do.
    I'm all fired up after looking at the Shoulder Scraping thread & seeing all the Irish Road Racing action.

Weekend Warrior
    ill prob be there all things going well

ASF Basic Full Member
    Whats the go with boys not liking to get on the back of their mrs's bike??

T-man and i will be there, but alas, i will be the one on the back
    The Triumph is still a work in progress so my girl gets a fang, 2up style

Things we do for love [}]

ASF Basic Full Member
    quote:Originally posted by zrxmick

I'll be easy to spot Black naked ZRX with little red dog on the tank.
    Gday Mick.
    Looking forward to spotting you

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Whats the go with boys not liking to get on the back of their mrs's bike??

T-man and i will be there, but alas, i will be the one on the back
    The Triumph is still a work in progress so my girl gets a fang, 2up style

Things we do for love [}]
    Its your bike then its your rules... just tell him to shut up and sit there looking pretty

Weekend Warrior
    +1 lol

i dont even like being a passenger when the girls driving, however i think it has more to do with fearing for my life then being immasculated... i like to be in controll

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey turbokat i,m in warragul.I know it"s short notice but i wouldn't mind tagging along if you're coming through on Saturday morning. I could meet you at the new BP servo in Longwarry, what time would you be coming through?

ASF Basic Full Member
    The suspense is killing me.
    Where the hell is gibbo's??

What time are you aiming for??

Gsxar may be coming thru Warragul?
    Check this space

Weekend Warrior
    Just spent way to much time reading the 99% total gutless crap, on wankeriders.( spank me later, i'm sorry couldn't help myself) And their anti protest rally views.
    But the kicker is this line from king dick vic, and I quote
    "Unless everyone bands together to actually make a difference its a waste of time even attempting it." Well Vic how about leading by example..... Hmmm shit can that idea. f*#* off vic stay well away.

So why is it netri, sorry I mean wankriders and the MRA will not come on board? F*#* me swinging they still wanna play games because DC has something to do with this protest ride. See yas all there.

Oh yeh I too have had to climb on board the back of the ministers bike. I do it[V], I hate it[:I], I end up shutting the F*#* up and then start shitting myself. Then make her do the washing

quote:Hey turbokat i,m in warragul.I know it"s short notice but i wouldn't mind tagging along if you're coming through on Saturday morning. I could meet you at the new BP servo in Longwarry, what time would you be coming through?
    Let me know which way ya coming in, I'm in the outer east burbs, meet up somewhere, and head in.

There is a 9am meeting point @ Moe McDonalds for a 9.30 leave, sit on the side of the road till you see the bikes go pastor
    I think I will drag my sorry but out of bed and head down early n meet ASF Yell out if u want come along.... Turbo you should come meet us both, call me!![]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast