Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project 750 GPinXpensive

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

The clutch and break levers on my blade are cut right back and filed and polished. I only ever use two fingers to clutch and break, and I find it easier to flick the clutch to pop up the front end. They dont hit the back of the other two fingers when I pull them either.

I'll take a photo of em at the weekend and stick them on my thread. Might not be everyones idea but I find it works.

Its all looking good so far matey boy, keep up the good work.
    you have to have the knobs on the end here for rego inspections[xx(]

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    that clutch master looks brand new!?!

and just get someone to make up a step down sheath for the bars, shouldnt be too difficult. ben did mine, just make sure it goes from the outside of the risers but no more.

otherwise chuck the fatbar risers in the face of whoever sold them to you as 7/8ths!

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    quote:Originally posted by pt

quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

The clutch and break levers on my blade are cut right back and filed and polished. I only ever use two fingers to clutch and break, and I find it easier to flick the clutch to pop up the front end. They dont hit the back of the other two fingers when I pull them either.

I'll take a photo of em at the weekend and stick them on my thread. Might not be everyones idea but I find it works.

Its all looking good so far matey boy, keep up the good work.
    you have to have the knobs on the end here for rego inspections[xx(]
    BUMMA!!!!

Weekend Warrior
    quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

If you want a set of risers mate - i have some - they are taller not super tall but might get you out of trouble. PM me mate and you can borrow them as long as you need.
    []
    cheers mate your a true gent but i already swapped the fat bar risers for the shorter 7/8" with the tools i bought them from, i'll check the brake bleeding gig out though, yes i'm a proud ASF patch owner

thanks for the hints and tips boys, hoping to get on it this saturday hangover permitting, really need it back togther for a ride kenilworth on sunday for the BB bbq,

i'll post a couple of shots of saturdays effort

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    How's it goin mate, what you been doin to the old girl. Show us some photos.

Weekend Warrior
    not bad mate, not much been happening lately with shit weather and having to work outside. also got a bit pissed off with run of bad luck; my bike fell off its stand (see photos) prompting the change in handle bars, then after finally getting my risers swapped (i was told i could only buy the short ones) my brake master cylinder fouled on the top of my forks. it only took me forever to bleed the fuckers so i was well fucked off i had to remove it again, therefor i bought a new bike instead.

at least now i can do some decent work on the gpx without having to worry about it being roadworthy for the next day. i plan to keep going with the project as hobby and i'll start again after the new year, i'm going back home to sunny sheffield for xmas.

i promise more progress in 2009

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh mate sorry about the bike, and if you're comming back to England for Christmas, then things are going from bad to worse then matey ha ha.

Have a good flight mate, and dont forget to get on the plane at last call, then head for the empty seats at the back, and get a bed for the night.

Weekend Warrior
    its been a while chaps but decided to stop the bike gathering dust under the house and get it finished. spent far too much time riding my new eddie lawson rep instead of sorting the old gpx. i'm going to try and tidy it up then get what i can for it as i fancy getting a road/trail to get out in the dirt. anyone know of anyone who wants to swap a road/trail bike for a street fighter?

still having trouble bleeding the front brakes and its pissing me off!!! i know i'm doing it right as i've done it a few times before, wondering if there is something wrong with the master cylinder as i bought it second hand, can you take them apart to see if all is well? thinking about putting the old one back on and trying that so i know if the new one is fucked or not.

a few pics from this afternoon,

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    hey dude, go to the chemist and get a large syringe + some hose(probably a hardware store rather than a chemist) and fill the syringe with brake fluid and attach the hose to the bleed nipple on the caliper (nipple open), then pump the brake fluid up the line like that it will get any air out. make sure there isnt any brake fluid in the res otherwise it will get messy

Weekend Warrior
    hey skiddz, cheers for the advice mate but as suspected the master cylinder i bought from the rob dog on flea bay is rat shit, i fitted my old one and it bled up a treat, feels a thousand times better with the braided lines

old lever back on, looks shit but at least it works

does anyone know if you can do anything to recon a master cylinder, it looks in good nick, i might just strip it clean and see if i can find the problem

now i can't even get the bastard started, i'm thinking flat battery (getting 10.3 volts) so i bought a charger

still not much chop, either the battery hasn't had enough charge or its an isolater switch somewhere, my first thought is the clutch lever as my old one had a 3 pin switch and the new one has two, therefore its not connected, help anyone please?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    i doubt the MC was shit, when you drain the fluid you can develop pockets of air inside the MC and then when you try to bleed it give no feel, reverse bleeding seems to get the air out pretty easy, a new completely dry MC wont catch the air

after your battery drops below ~10.5v it doesnt have enough guts to set off the relay in the charger *usually*. get yourself a wiring diagram re clutch to start switch, or get your multimeter out and check it see which pin grounds then attach both to that and see if it cranks if not get a wiring diagram

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234