Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pappas' GSXR7/11 - GAME ON!!!

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Got a phone call from the mechanic and the bike is ready! He got 120hp. Will be picking it up tomorrow, I'll post the graph, I was hoping for a bit more but still good.

Also Gix if you read this can you move this thread to "my ride" section?

Cheers

Bloke with a smaller stick BANDITROD's Avatar
    awsome work mate well done and 120hp is a good figure mate considering that would be at the wheel that should be more than enough to put a smile on ya face

Glenn Eason drinks and smokes and lends his arse to other blokes

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it considering I didn't go down the path of a dynojet or factory pro kit. I used the 750 carbs which are 36mm and from reading on oldskool I should have good midrange power. I really can't wait to give it a thrash!

So I got the bike back on Friday and I'm pretty happy with it....maybe was expecting a little more after riding it, maybe some power wheelies or something!? But motor feels strong and still pulls hard! Here's the dyno runs, he did a 4th gear power run and also ran it throught the gears. I think he used 130 mains.

Thanks Gix

Bit of an update, I finished installing the Acewell dash and blinkers over the weekend. Also tidied up a few bits and pieces and put the rear plastics back on, ready for rego. I've got a K2 rear subframe (from gibbo) and a VFR800 SSSA (from Boxer) ready to go on after I get it regestered. Still on the shopping list is a muffler, oil cooler with lines and a USD.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Thats nice pappas, its a big job to put the 800 in, i machine 35mm off the width for mine.... but its rad

35mm! Fuck! I knew you had to machine it down but not that much! What else did you have to do? Make spacers for sprockets, axle, hub? Did the 800 shock bolt up ok? Or did you have to make a new top mount?

Righto just read your thread in "My Ride" seen the top shock mount but didn't see anything on spacers etc.

Just went and measured the swingarm there is only about50mm of material on each side and one side is already flush with the rest of the arm if that makes sense? Have you got any photo's LatheBoy?

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by pappas

a VFR800 SSSA (from Boxer) ready to go on after I get it regestered.
    So can I take it that you don't want this 5.5" rear wheel that I've been holding onto for you for 2 months?

Mate I'll still swap the wheel with you, I made a deal with you and I'll stick to it. I wasn't planning on getting the VFR swing arm but i got it at a descent price so my plans have changed a bit.

I'm hoping to get the bike into get a blueslip this week, so I should be able to send the wheel down to you next week all things going well. I'll call or email you this week and let you know when I'll be sending it.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Its looking good so far Pappas, and I like your future plans too mate, I cant wait to see the build a bit further on. Keep the pic's comming mate.

Top job.

Thanks mate! Yeah it's slow progress, but it least it's progress hey. Plan is to get everything fitted up then strip it all down send the frame wheels and forks to the powder coaters and the tank and plastics to the painters. The headlight I've got is just to get it registered, still looking for the right one for the bike.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Blog Entries
    Same here mate, I'm almost at the point where I can strip my bike down and send of all the little brackets I made to powder coat, then get my plastic painted. I still have a bit of a list to do though, its all the little fiddly jobs that take the time mate, but they have to be done. There are times when I'm sick of the sight of it, but gladly they soon pass and its game on once more. Oh, and I am my own worst enemy because I keep thinking "Wouldnt it be good if"

Keep up the good work mate, I'm enjoying the build so far.

Mate I'll still swap the wheel with you, I made a deal with you and I'll stick to it. I should be able to send the wheel down to you next week all things going well. I'll call or email you this week and let you know when I'll be sending it.
    Cool mate, no worries.

quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Same here mate, I'm almost at the point where I can strip my bike down and send of all the little brackets I made to powder coat, then get my plastic painted. I still have a bit of a list to do though, its all the little fiddly jobs that take the time mate, but they have to be done. There are times when I'm sick of the sight of it, but gladly they soon pass and its game on once more. Oh, and I am my own worst enemy because I keep thinking "Wouldnt it be good if"

Keep up the good work mate, I'm enjoying the build so far.
    Yeah mate, I've been watching your thread and enjoying your write ups for a while. Can't wait to see your bike with some colour on it! Even if it is gonna be a plastic fantastic! Thanks for the comments and good luck with your build mate!

35mm! Fuck! I knew you had to machine it down but not that much! What else did you have to do? Make spacers for sprockets, axle, hub? Did the 800 shock bolt up ok? Or did you have to make a new top mount?

Righto just read your thread in "My Ride" seen the top shock mount but didn't see anything on spacers etc.

Just went and measured the swingarm there is only about50mm of material on each side and one side is already flush with the rest of the arm if that makes sense? Have you got any photo's LatheBoy?
    I put a peice of Al. between the axle mounts and then machined it down to width, then welded plates in to cover the holes that opened up, then re-bored for the bearings, there's a bit of machining to be done at the Hub aswell.
    The shock is not on the centre axis thats why the top shocker mount is the way it is.
    The chain is now running in a straight line after alot of fucking around and machining here and there.
    Sorry but i put a fuck load of work into this so i'm not going to give you everything eg. dimensions and the like.
    I dont know of any other GSXR's with a 800 sssa in it, so do it and join the cult.. Everyone knows when you've got a SSSA you become better in bed and all the girls will be after you[8D]

Thanks Latheboy, at least I got an idea of what's involved. Just contemplating doing it myself which will take months! Or just bite the bullet and take it to Ben.

I read in The Bible a while ago that the VFR 750 arm is a shitload easier to fit into a Slabby/Slingy than the 800. I'll see if I can find the article.

Have a look at this http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...?TOPIC_ID=4950
    I think you just need a couple of spacers and thats it.. I've been wrong before so dont quote me on that

PM sent pappas,
    Is it in yet[?]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast