Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pappas' GSXR7/11 - GAME ON!!!

Bloke with a smaller stick
    wouldn't reccomend sssa and turbo tho

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Really!? Why? Too much strain on the SSSA?

As for progress on my bike. I took it back for a Blue Slip this arvo and the mechanic looks up a book with engine numbers and finds out my bike isn't a 750 at all!! "Mate that's an 1100! You'll need an engineers certificate for that!!"
    FUCK IT!! SHIT FUCK CUNT! BITCH SLUT!!!!!!

So I ride back home only to have the bike kark it halfway home! I check leads, fuel line. All good. I had a full tank of fuel when I got it back from the dyno surely it hasn't ran out of fuel!! I've only ridden twice, 10km max and the tuner used his own fuel! (apparently)....YEP!! Fucking out of fuel!! Before you say how can you run out of fuel you silly prick! Use the reserve! My fandagled fuel tap doesn't have reserve!

Soooo.....now that I've finally got the bike back home and cooled off a bit. Does anyone know of a decent engineer for a certificate? Fight Fan maybe? Where did you end up going?

quote:Originally posted by latheboy

PM sent pappas,
    Is it in yet[?]
    Not yet! Was going to rego it first but bumpaow!

Contemplating whether to do it all...swingarm and subframe then get the whole lot certified and regoed....I'll speak with an engineer tomorrow.

But I do have a machinist/mate lined up to do the arm.
    Can I read a PM through the site? PM's go to work email so can't read it yet....

Bloke with a smaller stick
    to much flex i hear from the torque/power

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Go to a different mechanic first mate. Try a car mechanic.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

I read in The Bible a while ago that the VFR 750 arm is a shitload easier to fit into a Slabby/Slingy than the 800. I'll see if I can find the article.
    I saw two blokes push a 750 arm into an 88 750 slingy today with minimal grunting[]

Needs to move over << way about 5mm to match the engine sprocket apparently, but doesn't look too hard.

Ok I've done some measurements and I think I'm on the right track. With some advice from Ivan. I'm thinking this could be more trouble than it's worth. This is where I'm at so far. I've figured out that I have to cut 17.5mm off each side of the arm then move the sprocket 14mm towords the wheel. That should get the wheel and sprockets in line, but not the shock. The sprocket carrier is 12mm so as suggested by Ivan I could swap the sprocket to the other side of the carrier. I'd just have to make a 2mm spacer on the front sprocket to get it lined up.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    quote:Originally posted by pappas

Soooo.....now that I've finally got the bike back home and cooled off a bit. Does anyone know of a decent engineer for a certificate? Fight Fan maybe? Where did you end up going?
    Hey Pap! Dunno if u got ur engineer's cert sorted yet but the guy I went to is John Wilson @ AKZ Vehicle Engineering ph. 02 6236 3009 or 0417 230 074. He's in Queenbyan so its probably a bit far from u mate! But he saved me a bunch coz apparently u need a ADR compliant brake test as well when the new engine is 17% larger or over! That alone will set u back $500! But he let me slide coz my bike runs an '04 GSXR1000 front end, more than capable of slowin her up!
    Good luck mate! She's lookin good hey! [^]

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    You will need to machine off a bit extra from both sides so it doesn't foul on the frame and then use a spacer between the frame and bearing...

Well I've lined up another mechanic for Tuesday to try and get this blue slip finally.

Also had a present arrive today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234