Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Nath's Blade Conversion.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Wow , pretty impressive SlingBlade , I just treated myself to the History of your Blade and thats a nice looking Bike you must be pretty proud, Definately making me keen to get started.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Thanks Huey. It came up ok for my first try at a fighter. Its just a basic build as i have not done any structural work, like a subframe change or front end conversion. It has been a great starting project however, and i have learnt alot. The most important thing being exactly what i want in a fighter.

Its time to move on now though. After dropping in on Exben and stopping the poor guy working for hours while i nattered on and picked his brain(and stared in awe at JUDGE) , i realised i should let the blade go and get hold of a zx12.

This next one will be much more interesting!!

sounds like the cogs are turning slingy, bring it on!! we need more kwaka people on this site..

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Nice work slingblade that is the way a bike should be, you have kept all the good things about a sports bike but made it comfortable I hope you do get a Kawasaki as Kawasaki's are my favourite bike, good luck with your new project and I'll be keep an eye out for it

looking good! very clean and proper

quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Pods arrived. With the shortened pipe and the pods i cannot wait to start it again.
    Hey there Nath, Where did you get these from? and how much []

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    +1 bud. Got a part number? I need a new set myself.

I may also be interested???????

quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Dash looks the goods. Lights up a nice blue colour. Still have to mount the sensor and magnet which will be the interesting part as they have to be 8mm apart.
    Hey Nath where did you end up putting the magnets for the speedo sensor ? Could you have used the existing pick ups of the front sprocket? I am having a torrid time with these F@*king things [V]
    I have an R6 speedo unit for mine but I think that its going to be to much trouble!

I got the pods from the states for a fraction of the cost of the Aus importer. Cant remember exactly who it was but i emailed a guy selling K and N on ebay gave him the part number and he gave me a price and sent them over. The part number is RU-2992. Keep in mind they dont make a pod specifically for the blade and its a universal filter. They fit on fine but i had to do some minor work with a dremel on the flanges to get them to fit perfectly. They sound awesome.

I mounted the sensor on the fork pinch bolt and mounted the magnet on the disc carrier. Just keep in mind they are very sensitive to sensor position. You will have to experiment with the positioning. Ben only got mine working properly at the Fools. Its perfect now though(cheers mate).

Bloke with a smaller stick
    Jesus died for his own sins...NOT MINE !

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    mate, nice job. It's worked out well.

Congrats

Blog Entries
    It's also for sale if you want it.......

Shit that reminds me. Why haven't you given me the details for the FOR SALE page Nath? Or have you already sold it?

Cheers Si,

I will try to get something to you this week. Its still for sale. Going on Ebay this week as i need to get it sold so i can pay for the TL.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678