Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jaffaZd's z900 Turbo

Now there's a real man's bike!!! None of this trimmed down / blinged out modern nancy boy stuff. A really solid, heavy, Old Skool bike with a farkin huge power plant

Very trick Turbo set up mate, no pipe's/tubing or other bullshit hanging out everywhere.........I'm impressed.

PS Needs drag bars mate (just like everything else)

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Fantastic looking bike mate. Love the old Kwaks.

ASF Depleted Uranium Member Large's Avatar
    That's really nice

Always liked the old Stone bikes

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That's fuggen beautiful[]
    You must have a hell of 'backyard shed'Jaffa. That exhaust looks plenty complex.
    Congratulations, that's one of the best Zed mods I've ever seen, and to get a turbo in behind the motor, AND a monoshock rearend.....fuck.... you must be good
    Welcome, by the way

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Just lov a Z. If your using cams with more than .450 lift on the road your in for frequent valve spring replacement an generally more wear an tear on the valve train. My z1000r runs andrews 3x cams with .418 lift with good effect. If your using z1000j head try to get your hands on standard gpz1100 cams, they may be more suitable. Cheers Hoppa. That pipe is something else.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    (03gixxerpilot) Here is another pic of the Turbo instalation as you can see room is tight.

The Idea behind having the Setup all up under the seat and hidden was so that i could give a modern sports bike a run and put the wind up them and them being none the wiser

(fimpBIKES) yep center of gravity is low , the bike weights in at 218kg (wet) approximatley and a fireblade 96 model on the same scales weight was 214kg (wet) so not to porky for an old z9

(Hoppa) Hmm ok the cams in the bike at the moment are a really tight duration nearly standard timming but with 430 to 440 thou lift and bloody noisy as all shithouse on the buckets anything below 3500rpm after this it all seems to quiten up ,.. I have even pulled the shim clearances right down to try and quiten them up ,.. so the GPZ1100 camshafts suit a turbo application quite well, is this the 1984 model 1100 with the injection ?

Thanks for all the welcome guys

Weekend Warrior
    Im speechless thats ace, would love a 73 74 jaffa Z hard to find now tho, very nice Jaffa, but dont ya get burnt arse after a while LOL love the carby trick too,thuoght the float bowl angle looked a bit sus. Another home built special that should be in the pages of RAPID cheers welcome aboard Jaffa

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Hi jaffa, i don't have any experience with Turbo's, the cam i suggested trying is 1983 gpz1100, relativly mild. What valve springs are you running, VSP 500 from APE will suit yours. Have you experienced any problems with oil seeping from the front of the head gasket at the cam chain tunnel, with your MTC block. I run the same block at 1327cc an have had some problems. Great job on the Z, Cheers Hoppa

Hoppa, I think it's time you posted some photo's of that ELR.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Hi Rocket, this project has had its set backs but in the beginning there was a frame, bracing around swing arm an front engine mounts.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Than came xjr1200sp front end of grey import,with damp/rebound an preload. Back end is zxr1100 with basic ohlins.

Well it's a start. Maybe you could post a new topic with the build photo's so we can all oooh and ahhhh.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    This xjr had Brembos an big rotors,

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Sent the disc's of to Electromold an this is the result. COOL.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Dont complicate thing for me, this is the ZZZZZ thred. An here's the back brake

Hoppa that is really awesome mate

Magic details too Hoppa. Very very nice.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    This is the engine first time around, before head gasket leaked around cam chain tunnel. Indexed an weled crank,MTC block running 80mm pistons, ported head with stainles valves an gpz1100b1 cam, dual plug head with dyna coils an dyna 2000 ignition. Kerker pipe that draged its arse all the way up the Gabralter range an has since had the flick. 38mm flatslids that rattel like mad at idle but work a treat otherwise.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Engine out an more money, mod's to the head an barrel to fix the head gasket issue, i hope.Fitted deep sump , holds 1.5 lts extra oil an a new pipe with flat collector. Andrews 3X cams , slotted cam sprockets, APE cam chain adjuster, APE valve springs,$$$$$$ an more Electromold, noice.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Well it's a start. Maybe you could post a new topic with the build photo's so we can all oooh and ahhhh.
    I agree ,this deserves its own topic headline, good work Hoppa,lookin good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast