Thread: 85 vf 1000f advice

Lightbulb 85 vf 1000f advice

Hey all, I’m new to this forum, just picked up a good running Vf 1000f, I want to remove as much unnecessary plastic etc from it. I just need some advice from anyone who’s removed the front fairing headlight and instrument cluster as to the best options for new headlight and cluster replacement which don’t involve too much stuffing about (if that’s a thing) pics too if possible!
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Hi Mate
    Welcome aboard.
    There's no such thing as "don't involve too much stuffing around" with Streetfighters. Your best bet is to remove the entire front fairing and light assembly, plus the sub cage that holds the whole thing on and see what you are left with as far as mounting points go. If the sub cage for the front fairing had a good mounting point, then there is your new light mounting point. After that you'll need to start working out what kind of light you actually want, plus what kind of instruments you want to use. The way most people go is to buy an aftermarket digital pick-up instrument gauge, but my first every attempt back in the 90's was to find another cable driven gauge (from the wreckers off another bike that had smaller instruments) and just use that instead. If yours is cable drive then this could be the easiest option as well. The light you chose will just have to be mounted somehow and then rewire it with the connector for that unit using your light cables from the loom.