+ Reply to Thread
    Weekend Warrior
    Briz, or where ever fate takes me. Australia.

Mikuni RS 36mm on a 1200 Bandit ?

Hey all,
    So, I've got 3 bandits. Two gen1's and a gen2.
    One of my gen1's CV carbs is giving me the "Tom Tits"...big time.
    I've pulled it apart, easily 10 times, changed as much as possible with new parts, eg:
    Needle &seats,
    O-rings throughout,
    Emulsion tubes,.....blah blah blah....still has the symptoms of a massive air leak.
    Put it on the bike and run it, spray all areas related to possible air leaks, with no sign of major leaks.
    There is a slight change in character around the butterfly linkages on No: 4, but not enough to make it run like a piece of shit it does. I've used my lazor temp gun on the header to try and identify which carb is fucked, and they're all the same temp.

Anyway.....I'm sick of chucking money at the stupid CV. I can't find a second hand one, and one I would trust as well, so i'm contemplating an RS 36mm instead.

Key concerns is fuel economy vs Cv ??

What's people's experience with Mikuni RS 36mm vs stock ??
    And again, this isn't because I want to, it's just because of circumstances, that lead me to this point.

Cheers in advance, John.

ASF Basic Full Member
    You don't fit RS Mikunis if you care about economy.

What's it doing? Have you tried swapping the carbs between bikes to see if the problem follows?

Weekend Warrior
    Hey mate,
    Yeah, that's what I assumed....gas guzzler.
    Was speaking to mikuni-oz, and he was doing the selling ploy, hence why I'm trying to get feedback on the RS's. Just didn't know if it could be leaned out a bit, or not wise to even contemplate.

Tried swapping my other CV carbs already. Definitely a carb issue. My other carbs run perfect on both bikes.
    Problem carbs act as if there's a massive air leak, back firing and running on 3 cylinders.
    Trust me, I've been over them with a fine tooth comb, with the other carbs side by side, totally dismantled, and set back to factory specs.....multiple time's with ever time having the same outcome.
    I've tried eveything. I need another set, but not paying a stupid price for 20yr old carbs.
    It would have almost been cheaper for me to buy the RS's, for the money I've been chucking at them.
    Last edited by MTBEERWAH; 09-08-2018 at 03:13 PM.

ASF Basic Full Member
    If you want economy, inject it. If you want to develop forearms like popeye, and revel in crisp response, awesome sound and general awesomeness, put flatties on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meme0174189149_zpsondycxwr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	8384

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    ^^^ Post of the week ^^^

Weekend Warrior
    Yeah.....I got no response to that. ...

ASF Basic Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBEERWAH View Post
    Yeah.....I got no response to that. ...
    Flatslides will give you the response you need!

Weekend Warrior
    Ha ha....yeah, I know what you were laying down, just had no response to the caption.
    Maybe do they run on Napalm.
    "That gasoline smell"
    Last edited by MTBEERWAH; 22-08-2018 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Untitled Document

HELP SUPPORT THOSE THAT SUPPORT US - CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES........

AustraliaHurtle Gear Motorcycle Accessories AustraliaMotorcycle Tyre Warehouse100s of aftermarket parts and accessories for your motorcycle from Rated R Motorcycle Parts
Rapid Bikes Magazine available monthly throughout Australia & New ZealandEvery rider is individual so why not show your bikes individuality with a custom seat or embroided logo on your seat  in a color and design of your choice.Trooper Lus Garage for motorcycle parts, service and much moreWorld Wide Bomber Magazine, Streetfighters from around the world - ONLINE
Visit Face it graphix for all your bike stickers and helmet stickers Visit Dash Designs for all your website and design needs Advertise on ASF and get your business seen by 1000s of visitors every month Advertise on ASF and get your business seen by 1000s of visitors every month