Thread: Fuel line quick release connectors

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Fuel line quick release connectors

Morning All,
    So the internal fuel filter on my K4 Gixxer is absolutely clogged. This is the reason I've had reduced power in the bike and was restricted on sudden acceleration. I've been thinking this was the problem for a while, but at $700 for a new pump filter assembly, would have been a decent gamble.

What I've done is actually disassemble the pump and gut the internal fuel filter (sealed plastic housing) and had this re-welded this back together. Two thumbs up as took it on a test ride and the bike feels like a new bike and wheelies like a bloody champ.

What I want to do is now install an external in-line filter to have some protection on the system. I have sourced a high pressure fuel filter but when i took the fuel line off i realised that the line is a complete fused line and fairly narrow diameter and hard plastic / rubber. Not to game to cut this up as 1) I don't think this would seal well on a barb fitting b) the diameter towards the centre of the line is fairly narrow - too small for my filter fittings.

Anyone know where I could get quick release fittings that would suit the pump same as this line?

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    At work we use these.
    RWF-805-08-06BK
    there are two different sizes 5/16" and 3/8" so you'll need to measure the male fitting.
    Them make up a hose etc.

http://www.raceworks.com.au/fittings/efi-adaptor/

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    That should be it. Legend. Thanks mate