Thread: Footpeg bracket-Material

ASF Gold Full Member

Footpeg bracket-Material

Not Streetfighter, but may be useful to someone else.
    On my Scrapheap bike I'm moving the footpads forward and down to make a GS500 more of an offload bike (along with longer suspension and knobby tyres). I've made mock up brackets out of plywood to get the position about right and now its time to make up the real thing.
    At first I thought I would make them from 10mm alloy flat stock since there is no welding (that I can't do), just drilling and tapping a few threads here and there. But looking at them I started to think they could be made from mild steel a bit thinner than the alloy. A little bit of weight mounted down that low isn't going to make fuck all difference and I'm not building a GP bike or a land speed racer.
    So watchchu think?
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

ASF Gold Full Member
    I don't know why every time I try and write footpeg it changes. What the fuck is footage anyway?
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Use 10mm Aluminium, if you went for thinner steel or al. you will have them flexing

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudie View Post
    I don't know why every time I try and write footpeg it changes. What the fuck is footage anyway?
    Fixed

ASF Gold Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latheboy View Post
    Use 10mm Aluminium, if you went for thinner steel or al. you will have them flexing
    That was my first thought (and I am a fat cunt who likes to stand while riding).
    Alloy it is!