Thread: Section 60 customs bike buildoff 2020-vf1000

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace

Section 60 customs bike buildoff 2020-vf1000

A few years back I decided to do something very stupid, build a bike for a competition in just nine weeks.
    At the time I didn't get a chance to post the progress on here so it was done retrospectivly.
    I'm doing neither of those things again.
    In the fall out of the last buildoff a few things happened. I met some fucken awesome and very talented people and we all agreed on one thing. We need to do this better.

So. Under the banner of my half arsed "company" section 60 customs I decided to hold a bike build off.
    I really don't know what I'm doing or how this should be fun but this is what I came up with.

I invited a bunch of people to have a crack at building a custom bike over the period of 2020. Tools up Jan 1st, tools down new year 2021. It seemed like a fair amount of time to get whatever people are choosing to build done in. It also helps easily distracted cunts like myself so have a deadline.

The rules? There aren't any, just build. One guy is doing a fucken jetski. I allowed it because why fucken not.

There are many talented guys building very different stuff. We have a few streetfighter guys one notably the most talented welder fabricator I've ever seen Shaun Sawbridge and another guy Chad Atkinson who does for sheet metal fabrication and hotrod building what Jesus did for like fish and wine and stuff.
    And then there's Steve Burns.

There will be a fucking of talent on display and none of it will be me however I will take acid and drink beer and hit stuff with hammers until it resembles a bike.

So. In saying this I've been threatening to build a VF1000 for years and that will be my mission.

I have 3. I literally just dragged one off the ute this morning which I got for a carton of beer. Winning.

My plan is simple. 4130 chromo frame and swinger. Aluminium every other fucken bit.
    Race on salt lake and don't die. Sounds easy.

I have an 05 cbr1000 rolling chassis to rape for the bouncy and stopping stuff the rest I'm yet to build

I am trying to direct builders here to post up build pages so you can all follow along and I wanted to run it by So first but haven't been able to contact him. Failing that find section 60 customs on facecunt and we'll go from there.

Here's where I'm at.

I cleaned up
    https://i.imgur.com/VyWvcq5.jpg
    I have this lump
    https://i.imgur.com/76XMMZz.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/IxCOiRh.jpg
    This one
    https://i.imgur.com/Msz94mY.jpg
    And this one
    https://i.imgur.com/f6nyRp3.png

Hi there. I am madride20. You guys are gonna get to know me. I am older than the bikes I build ,and young enough to hate anything bolted together with NOT-metric nuts and bolts,and have been building for 42 years. I Actually finished a bike once(Well more than one as it turns out!) I am unable to see the point of buying anymore bikes until I build (to the level of ridable) some of the units that are sitting around looking NOT FINISHED in my shed. If any of you riders needs a project to take part in this bike build-off,or even just cause you ride a stocker and own an angle grinder,and have been considering certain options over Xmas,yet would prefer to have a bike to ride around on whilst you get into building:- I have a few (Project bikes that are not finished yet-that is!) . For myself I reckon maybe a good one to do ,is this idea I have been cobbling together in the last few mths ,using bits that aren't part of anything else. SO I've stuck a suzuki'1000 Tank on top of one of those 2004 zx6 chassis' that has the ram air going through the steering head casting and I bolted 999 Deadcat rear subframe onto it(as if you could just DO THAT!-actually it's not a big bend to make it fit!). So now I put a 1098 rear seat unit on that-and it's lookin cookin. Maybe the plan is going to include bolting an indecently overpowered engine into it. I reckon there is a zx12R motor over there in the pile of wrecks that might even NOT be too heavy. I will measure it. Obviously if we are going to be showing off,then a single sided swingarm is the thing to see,and I've got one off a 955i Daytona here ,that is kinda chunky looking. This thing is likely to be a bit of a pig to throw around ,OR maybe it will just work,yet it is going to give me a chance to practice my new fav thing-making bits fit together using 3D printed parts as instant interface technology. Oh -And FYI; I am so old ,that the active memory cells most people utilise in daily life have long ago been left behind in a misty spray of burnt fuel products and tire smoke,so if I forget what I'm doing whilst building this bike,and put bits on this build that are actually completely different to what I am now declaring;some of you more expert observant guys may like to correct me. SIMPLY BECAUSE Consistency is what I expect the rules of a bike build off would require! Anyway,after dry assembling this monster .It will be monster,as a Kawasaki Zx636 -2004 is a short little weapon,and a 12 motor ,which may even collect a peugeot hdi turbo on its way into the chassis OR turn into a zx14 donk ,if I see one of them somewhere(they all have 4 cylinders and look like boat anchors-Hey!) as a combination,is likely to have issues staying on the ground -and I am not too shy about admitting that stupidly overpowered short bikes are like oven fresh chocolate cake over ice cream for me ,and streetfighters were only invented to make the arse end level (when you are mono-ing away from the poor fashion sense/shocking career choice collective )-which for you young guys-translates to PO- PO-Hiway ptrl- POLICEMEN. Yes I would hope the rules require a "stat dec" to be signed by all judges that they WILL ride the winner past a local cop shop with the front tyre saving function switched on!! anyhow ,HELLO to all you crazyfellas and goyrls,if you live to ride,and ride free,Follow my posts ,and you just may end up like me -madride20

Blog Entries
    Hell yea!
    I've been away for ages and returned to see this post. Loved this last time so looking forward to this again.
    Cheers Tom (and Mad Ride).

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Hell yea!
    I've been away for ages and returned to see this post. Loved this last time so looking forward to this again.
    Cheers Tom (and Mad Ride).
    Fark, I seriously just read that completely cunted on acid and whilst I'm pretty fucken sure whoever madride is they know me I'm also pretty sure I forgot where I was going with that. That'd be the acid.
    So, this buildoff is going to be pretty fucken sick. Also, I honestly don't know who madride is but I hope he's competing. Also, the 160ug California Suns are fucken, well pretty good.
    I will attempt to post something legible another time because I'm a bit fucked.
    Also
    There's been a change of plan. So with my build. Forget hondas and I'll get back to ya.
    Peace cunts

Right. Its been a while and shit turned to shit. As it does.
    Dad died. Nearly lost a finger, house flooded, daughter burnt leg and needed grafts and that was just may. I am not joking. However. We push on.
    I stand in the shed today for the first time since January on account of the universe hating me so my plans to do a frame up build this year are diminishing.
    I do need to do this though, my busa.
    This was going to be a simple tail swap fighter build but i took acid and now i have a better idea.
    Watch this space. Or dont. I dont give a fuck.

https://i.imgur.com/VeaIEEZ.jpg