Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kermit from Wa . 95 ZXR750

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Kermit from Wa . 95 ZXR750

Hey guys , been a long time sine I really got involved with a enthusiast forum . My background used to be in Jap cars and I was vaguely well known as Kermit from Kermit Engineering where I ran a business doing custom Stainless steel fabrication on race/drift cars and high performance street cars ( mainly imports ) .
    Been through a few sports bikes over the years but I usually get bored or family requirements mean selling on . After we found my health was declining rapidly I decided to step away from my home business ( I also work full time elsewhere ) and even though this took a few years I found I was constantly frustrated that I didn't really have anything I had ever really built for myself .

Next step and with a limited type of approval from the missus I bought a very cheap 1995 ZXR750 with the aim to build something that I had designed . My wife was kinda vague on me riding it as my health condition means if I come off again at speed then Im most likely not going to survive .

I have been able to work on the bike at my workplace outside of my normal hours . Heres a few pics of what I have accomplished so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zxr13.jpg   zxr8.jpg  

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Welcome to the madness mate, and thank you for joining our forum.

The ZxR750 is a great base for a fighter build and by the sounds of your previous experience, you will build a high-quality Fighter.

There has always been a pretty strong scene in W.A
    Last edited by rod185651; 10-10-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    If anyone has any advice on how to post more pics please . Each upload is failing now .
    I cant seem to load the pics which show what I have actually done . All pics were taken on the same device and uploaded to my pc in the same way
    Last edited by Kermit; 10-10-2017 at 06:11 PM.

I always use the "basic uploader"

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Well hopefully it will be high quality . Im way out of my comfort zone on this thing . If the website would let me attach the pics I could show what I already have done .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kermit ZXR7502 .jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	8269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kermits ZX7R750 (1) .jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	8270

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Cheers Rod

Holy fuck mate; you're further in a few posts than I was in a year so keep it up!

I'm building a 1992 L1 into a fighter currently and the build thread is on here.

From what I can see from the pics I can't see how much help I'll be with your build but feel free to hit me up!

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZXR View Post
    Holy fuck mate; you're further in a few posts than I was in a year so keep it up!

I'm building a 1992 L1 into a fighter currently and the build thread is on here.

From what I can see from the pics I can't see how much help I'll be with your build but feel free to hit me up!
    Cheers Jim , I had been reading through your build thread a few weeks ago . I love your ' give it a go ' attitude and I may have taken a little inspiration from that . I have had cars featured in magazines over the years but my part in them had always been limited . I had always done the exhaust , intercooler pipes , manifold and wastegate mods etc but this bike build is very different .
    Im tempted to do a build thread if I can sort my problem uploading pics . I will be refabricating pretty much everything I can on this bike to make it lighter . I cant promise that it will all be good as the design evolves as it goes . Im not happy with the seat supports and brackets so will redesign them before I can move on to the tail light mount , seat base cover etc .
    The whole bike may end up looking like a dogs breakfast by the time Im finished haha but if I dont like it I will just change it . Lucky for me the material on this bike is all out of the scrap bin so it keeps costs down .

I may hit you up for any tuning advice if you have any , at least til I can slot a zx9r motor into it . If I can drop 30kg off it it should really wake up the performance .

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Much cool and welcome

Welcome mate, build is looking good there.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Blog Entries
    Welcome Kermit. The photo upload problem is because of the forum software. If you get bored and start reading through the other sections of the forum you'll see we are about to update the 6 year old forum software to something new that will make uploading photos much easier. If you can just hang in there and battle with the current shit, you'll be very happy with the new forum that's coming I promise!

As for the build, I'm liking the way you're going. Very simplistic and built for purpose.

Sorry to hear about whatever it is that is messing with your health, hopefully you're all good, and there's nothing like building a bike to make you feel better!

Cheers mate

ASF Premium Full Member
    I've got a couple of tail lights that might sit well under the seat unit.

It's looking good.
    more titanium than my bike

If you're after a quick performance upgrade mate go -1 tooth on the front sprocket!

Big difference to pick up and punch from corners!

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    Welcome Kermit. The photo upload problem is because of the forum software. If you get bored and start reading through the other sections of the forum you'll see we are about to update the 6 year old forum software to something new that will make uploading photos much easier. If you can just hang in there and battle with the current shit, you'll be very happy with the new forum that's coming I promise!

Cheers mate
    Until the upgrade, I am happy to assist with uploading pics

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post

As for the build, I'm liking the way you're going. Very simplistic and built for purpose.

Sorry to hear about whatever it is that is messing with your health, hopefully you're all good, and there's nothing like building a bike to make you feel better!

Cheers mate
    Health wise is just a disintegrating bones thing . They have no idea why or how but Ive lost 50 percent in 4 years . You would think it would be easy weightloss but still not haha !
    Im happy to stick it out , will be worth it when finished ��

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
    I've got a couple of tail lights that might sit well under the seat unit.

It's looking good.
    I knocked up a bracket and fitted the lights etc already thanks . Im unsure what I want in the end but it will do for now 

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Good to see you made it on to the site mate good luck with the build,I seen on you're Facebook that you can knock up some nice pipe work so I'm sure you will make some cool bits for this bike as you are now

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Welcome mate, theres plenty of good cunts in wa who will help if you need it and drink all your beer. Hit us up in the wa section if u need help or just a chat over a coldie

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey Kermit!

This is mine behind the Bandit on the way to The Island.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	8280

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast