Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Get the Forum back to where it belongs

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    I had Sen around my joint recently and he was telling me about the new system and showing me his test mule while he hashed it out. I like it personally. I couldn't give a rat fuck about social media I go here and nowhere else. Less bullshit and I know everyone who's serious and it sifts out the posers. Sen's fired up about it and when in his own obsessive fine detail Way gets it running it'll be the business I think. We'll all see soon enough just need to be Patient. Sen's a monster when he gets an idea in his head but the boy has commitments like the rest of us. I can still log in and swear at nudie so I'm happy with things till the new system is ready to go.

Can I still be a mod?

Pretty please?

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Im in, ive missed this place
    After having 4 little girls, starting a company, going through a divorce.
    I had focused on what meant everything to me!
    I came back and seen fb took over and i was gutted.
    My ex made me throw out my asf shirt as i lived in it lol
    So reading all of this can i still support now by becoming a financial member??
    And Rod
    Hahahahaha still got the vision bro of a stationary fall at the servo 😂😂
    You've done well Si 🖒🖒

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    I use my pc to read the forum stuff and then link to facebook but rarely find anything interesting there the forum is the go especialy the saga of jims seat.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    fuck I really hope this place comes back a bit, without it I wouldn't have any friends lol

Si, I use a PC all the time to check this forum. Home and work.
    As for Sen sorting out something, Weaselman is right, Sen gets and idea in his head, he turns into a terminator and will not stop until he achieves it.
    I'm always happy to help and support, I'm not IT Guru but I can do what I can to help mate.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nitrous View Post
    I'm still about.
    I liked the forums early years (early for me being 2004 on I think?)

Still playing with bikes, more interested in riding than building most days.

I do have some bike related stuff planed for the future,
    Just bought a vehicle related to it and looking at buildings / properties.

Haven't seen many of the old faces recently.
    Ha, just saw the date in your post and then checked my join date to realise I created the main forum ASF website in 2003, not 2004. Where has time gone?

You tease Tony: bike related stuff and properties yet no more info. You must love Facebook!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    I still look in occasionally too , not like i used to though , Do much prefer the forum for tech stuff,
    Good to see the interest in getting the band back together
    If you have chrome you can download a patch to see photobucket again , i just switched to tinypic and fuck photobucket
    Hey Greg - I heard you got off a bike at about 200mph recently!? The forum is safer mate, but not as much fun. Glad to hear you are well.
    Forum and tech go hand in hand which is why this forum is a viable option. The ones that died completely were the "Talking-shit" forums.
    Tinypic hey? Never heard of it, but that's another option. Thanks Greg.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Hefty View Post
    Si the successful forums I'm on use tappatalk and its a fine easy (to use) mobile platform... happy to help where I can.
    Yea, I've seen that Tappatalk mentioned before, with mixed reviews. It's just a push notification plug-in to alter you on the phone of new posts right? Some people have complained and some people love it. Not 100% sure how ti works, but if you rate it I'll check it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaselman View Post
    I had Sen around my joint recently and he was telling me about the new system and showing me his test mule while he hashed it out. I like it personally. I couldn't give a rat fuck about social media I go here and nowhere else. Less bullshit and I know everyone who's serious and it sifts out the posers. Sen's fired up about it and when in his own obsessive fine detail Way gets it running it'll be the business I think. We'll all see soon enough just need to be Patient. Sen's a monster when he gets an idea in his head but the boy has commitments like the rest of us. I can still log in and swear at nudie so I'm happy with things till the new system is ready to go.

Can I still be a mod?

Pretty please?
    Yes, ...you can be a mod. I'll get someone to send you a Lambretta.

His "test Mule"? Tell me more...

Maybe he'll pipe up in here are some point as I'm all ears.

Everyone loves swearing at Nudie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And Rod
    Hahahahaha still got the vision bro of a stationary fall at the servo 
    You've done well Si 
    Holy shit mate, you've been on a rollercoaster!

Yea, I had the same reaction with Facebook. I actually have seen a trend though. To start with it was the "lonley-and-want to chat" crew that were big on it, and then they drew the more "hands-on-builder-boys" out to it, which in turn dropped action in here, then that started a trend towards Facebook, BUT, in recent months I have noted a big decline in the excitement that Facebook caused as people are just starting to realise it is one big advertising machine, full of bullshit, and no real depth to it. A kid's playground full of adults. With this realisation, there's been a push to getting the forum happening again. Facebook is like watching a house fire, everyone wants to check it out and see what the fuss is about, but after a while it gets boring and people fuck off again.

She threw out your shirt! What size did you say you were?

Of course mate, any financial memberships go towards paying for the new website, hosting, software, maintenance, merchandise, and everything else in between. It's always highly appreciated and means we can stay alive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kpow View Post
    I use my pc to read the forum stuff and then link to facebook but rarely find anything interesting there the forum is the go especialy the saga of jims seat.
    You know that saga of Jim's seat? Back in the day, there was around 20-25 Jim's seat sags going on at once. It was great! Maybe we can bring that back?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy1100 View Post
    fuck I really hope this place comes back a bit, without it I wouldn't have any friends lol
    That's what happens if you never leave the shed....
    Mate, I want to get it back so I can see some more of your videos and shed activity! That was just kicking off before Photobucket kicked it in the arse.

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    And Rod
    Hahahahaha still got the vision bro of a stationary fall at the servo 
    You've done well Si 
    Come to the NFR mate, I may do it again :-)

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    That's what happens if you never leave the shed....
    Mate, I want to get it back so I can see some more of your videos and shed activity! That was just kicking off before Photobucket kicked it in the arse.
    But Si people are out the shed, and peopling is bad very over rated.... :-)
    I have another video I'm doing soon but the no picture thing is arse,
    There are so few places like this that it has and will be a pleasure to be involved

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey Danny. What's the main difference with the tablet and the phone mate? Is it just the small screen size of the phone makes it difficult to read?

So again, the loading of photos is your main concern. This is good info.
    Yes Si the smaller viewing is my problem, it's called age and diminishing eyesight.

Also FB is a quick flash check of family and friends whereas ASF is a sit down piss off leave me alone my time kinda thing, so PC or Laptop is where I would view from 99% of the time.

For me it's not important whether the functionality of the site is good or not on phone.

.....and as you mentioned the photobucket issue and loading/viewing of images, funnily enough I have a similar issue with the business digital photos where i can load a video or photo to FB in a matter of seconds but the PC has so many constraints I would normally give up.

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    Blog Entries
    Ha, just saw the date in your post and then checked my join date to realise I created the main forum ASF website in 2003, not 2004. Where has time gone?

You tease Tony: bike related stuff and properties yet no more info. You must love Facebook!
    Just picked this up, got them to put a longer wider tray on it,
    and a heavy duty tow bar. Will get a bike trailer when my bank account recovers.

Hopefully this house will sell next year (if I ever finish it) and I can find somewhere with larger sheds
    or barns etc. I want to get a bit more involved with big Suzuki's similar to my current ones.
    A rural property opens up other bike related possibilities we are currently looking into.
    Last edited by Tony Nitrous; 29-09-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Yea, I've seen that Tappatalk mentioned before, with mixed reviews. It's just a push notification plug-in to alter you on the phone of new posts right? Some people have complained and some people love it. Not 100% sure how ti works, but if you rate it I'll check it out.
    The Beauty of Tappatalk is that you can post from your phone, can make it easy to upload pics also

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    All done Si
    Financial member again.

All done Si
    Financial member again.
    Nice one mate

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Hefty View Post
    Si the successful forums I'm on use tappatalk and its a fine easy (to use) mobile platform... happy to help where I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rod185651 View Post
    The Beauty of Tappatalk is that you can post from your phone, can make it easy to upload pics also

Very true. Tapatalk makes the mobile forum experience much better. Depending on how busy "visually" your site is, some may still prefer to view the standard version on their mobile devices. On several, I typically do this but that might just be my mind's inability to jump back and forth between the styling platforms since most of my forum posting is done via desktop and keyboard, and my "browsing" and keeping tabs on things as I admin are typically mobile throughout the day.

I like this place quite a bit and it seems you've got a real tight knit community despite some of the wide span of space between members. Hopefully there is some good platform and common ground that will let you keep moving forward

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast