+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Wanted

  1. #1
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1

    Wanted

    Guys im chasing a project bike so if ya know of any please feel free to let me know

  2. #2
    ASF Gold Full Member LKC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,372
    Kev, despite the push towards facebook, keep an eye on track day junkies. They often list bikes up that can see rego again.
    Ive seen a lot of bargains on there. I missed out on an 07 GSXR 1000 for $1500 which had no plastics what so ever. Perfect fighter project.
    Street Monster GSXR 7/11 water heater!
    Project R1 underway, The "Raven"

  3. #3
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah thanks mate not a bad idea at all i will be keeping an eye out on here ebay and gumtree as well

  4. #4
    ASF Premium Full Member wackyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,751
    I'll keep an eye out. Are you will to travel to Brissy as well for the right project or looking local only?
    Live today, die tomorrow

  5. #5
    ASF Gold Full Member LKC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,372
    Just keep in mind Kev that repairable write offs in Queensland can not be rego'd in NSW.
    Bit of a bummer coz there are some decent bargains in Qld for projects.
    Street Monster GSXR 7/11 water heater!
    Project R1 underway, The "Raven"

  6. #6
    ASF Premium Full Member wackyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,751
    Quote Originally Posted by LKC73 View Post
    Just keep in mind Kev that repairable write offs in Queensland can not be rego'd in NSW.
    Bit of a bummer coz there are some decent bargains in Qld for projects.
    It ca however be re-registered in Qld and then later transferred to NSW
    Live today, die tomorrow

  7. #7
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Always up for a road trip jules

  8. #8
    ASF Gold Full Member LKC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,372
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    It ca however be re-registered in Qld and then later transferred to NSW
    Yeah I was wondering if this could be possible Jules. But I have read some conflicting statements on bike sale sites.
    Street Monster GSXR 7/11 water heater!
    Project R1 underway, The "Raven"

  9. #9
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Guys im thinking of a bandit 1200 as a base for my project

  10. #10
    ASF Gold Full Member LKC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,372
    Cool, there are a few about as I have been doing research for bikes. Some real cheap ones to Kev.
    Street Monster GSXR 7/11 water heater!
    Project R1 underway, The "Raven"

  11. #11
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah theres a few out there ive seen a few fz 1 yamahas as well

  12. #12
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Still lookin guys

  13. #13
    Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tsaritsyn
    Posts
    3,440
    What is your price range?

  14. #14
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Im pretty poor rod lol $1500 $2000

    I looked at rhe ones you taged me in of stalkbook and there good but generic in astetics which i know cam be changed but i think for what i want im looking for 80's early 90's and carbs not injection

  15. #15
    Bloke with the stick Gix11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    17,237
    Blog Entries
    34
    That era bikes are starting to increase in price mate, the low prices have gone for them. I'd be looking at a mid-90's Fireblade if I was you, but again, probably double the money you have. Wreckers or auctions is where you should be looking.

  16. #16
    ASF Premium Full Member JimZXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    397
    How much of a project are we talking as between myself, Yella and Badboynot we probably have enough spares for another ZXR750 build but you'd obviously be starting from scratch with a bike in pieces in boxes!

  17. #17
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZXR View Post
    How much of a project are we talking as between myself, Yella and Badboynot we probably have enough spares for another ZXR750 build but you'd obviously be starting from scratch with a bike in pieces in boxes!
    Lol that would be a challange

  18. #18
    ASF Advertiser kev@vcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sydney, NSW, Australia.
    Posts
    1,630
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    That era bikes are starting to increase in price mate, the low prices have gone for them. I'd be looking at a mid-90's Fireblade if I was you, but again, probably double the money you have. Wreckers or auctions is where you should be looking.
    Yeah you are right there mate looks like irs the 90's

  19. #19
    ASF Basic Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Condobolin nsw
    Posts
    63
    Been thinking pretty hard,you probably seen few posts on my bike I have had it a few years probably owes me a few grand,got a few boxes of bits I'd near sell it all off as job lot,if you want to have a look at it look my post up in welcome to the madness,chopped down and painted the headlight the last few days,could do with a propper tune on the carbs and some new rubber and would pass a blue slip,had bike around 4 years done like 2 skids and put about 1000k on it.want $1500 for it all,il miss it a lot but my health is shit and I can not ride it or enjoy being on it pain wise.

  20. #20
    Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tsaritsyn
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by badboynot View Post
    Been thinking pretty hard,you probably seen few posts on my bike I have had it a few years probably owes me a few grand,got a few boxes of bits I'd near sell it all off as job lot,if you want to have a look at it look my post up in welcome to the madness,chopped down and painted the headlight the last few days,could do with a propper tune on the carbs and some new rubber and would pass a blue slip,had bike around 4 years done like 2 skids and put about 1000k on it.want $1500 for it all,il miss it a lot but my health is shit and I can not ride it or enjoy being on it pain wise.
    Name:  for Kev .jpg
Views: 1
Size:  76.2 KB

    This one yeah?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Untitled Document

 

HELP SUPPORT THOSE THAT SUPPORT US - CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES........

AustraliaHurtle Gear Motorcycle Accessories AustraliaMotorcycle Tyre Warehouse100s of aftermarket parts and accessories for your motorcycle from Rated R Motorcycle Parts
Rapid Bikes Magazine available monthly throughout Australia & New ZealandEvery rider is individual so why not show your bikes individuality with a custom seat or embroided logo on your seat  in a color and design of your choice.Trooper Lus Garage for motorcycle parts, service and much moreWorld Wide Bomber Magazine, Streetfighters from around the world - ONLINE
Visit Face it graphix for all your bike stickers and helmet stickers Visit Dash Designs for all your website and design needs Advertise on ASF and get your business seen by 1000s of visitors every month Advertise on ASF and get your business seen by 1000s of visitors every month
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts