Thread: G'day new bloke from sydney

New to Streetfighters

G'day new bloke from sydney

G'day I've been a long long time lurker of this forum and pretty sure I had a profile at one stage but I've not remembered it. And decided to start fresh.

Always had an interest in streetfighters since I first got my first road bike a gs500. Over the years I have just. It had the money or time to build one.

Bikes I've owned have been a gs500, 94 gsxr750, 2005 zrx1200r and currently on a zx12r.

I loved my zrx the styling and riding position. But I unfortunately wrote it off and then purchased the barge zx12r. I enjoy the engine as it's got plenty of poke. But I just could never enjoy it like I could the zrx mostly due to the riding position. So I bit the bullet and purchased a "comfort" kit which is the first stage of turning my 12 into a fighter. I ride to and from work most days so it will be a slow slow build and I know they are hard to make look good but I'm not trying for anything over the top. Any way. This is how the 12 looks now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1883.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	7928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1883.jpg 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	7928

Bloke with a smaller stick rod185651's Avatar
    Welcome Mate

Blog Entries
    Welcome mate. Yep, they are a good starting point. Have you seen these ones? http://www.streetfighters.com.au/for...Kawasaki-ZX12R

Shame it's not a 10 as the frames are easier to work with:

ASF Premium Full Member
    Or you could just buy this!!

Just in time for AFR!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	7931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0930.jpg 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	7932

Welcome mate, every bike has its challenge, and plenty of minds on here to offer advise and support in which ever way you want to take it.
    Be sure to start a build thread so we all can follow your progress.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

New to Streetfighters
    Thanks guys. Will definitely get a build thread up and running once I have a few more parts and what not. It'll be a slow process as the 12 is mostly ridden to and from daily.

New to Streetfighters
    Yeh mate I have lurked these pages for a long time. There are a couple with some good ideas but personally not finished off too well. I'd love a gen1 zx10r but I can't justify having almost two of the same bike in the shed. I think once the bulk work of the 12 is done I'll be looking for a dual sport to share commuting and give me some other type of riding to do.