Thread: Delkevic exhausts - Good the bad and the ugly?

Delkevic exhausts - Good the bad and the ugly?

G'day guys,

I am just wondering if any of you have used the Delkevic brand of exhausts?
    There is a set for my R1 that suites my needs and just after any feedback from anyone that has used this brand.

Reason for my choice is they can be changed enough for my plans to match the R1's idea on the tail end.
    All Im wondering is how are they for Sound, quality and weathering?

I have attached the link to what I am looking at. Any feedback you guys can provide would help regarding the above points and the company them self. Cheers in advance lads.
    Stainless Round Exhaust Silencer Slip-on Mini 200mm Yamaha R1 YZF-R1 YZFR1 04-06
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

ASF Standard Full Member chinski's Avatar
    no real help here mate, can't say i've seen or heard them on an R1 or any bike, but the short little cannons with the large diameter outlets look fucken sweet !! no doubt be loud too .

Blog Entries
    The only one I can comment on is weathering. I've never owned them personally, but I have seen many bike at the TT with them on and they looked good as new, and that's in British weather conditions.

Power Hungry, Law Disregarder
    Mate has a set on his VFR800 - with the DB killers out it's indecently loud, and a little farty. With the DB killers in, it's indecently loud, but sounds mint.

Thanks for the feedback so far, loud isn't the issue, tinny or to rattlely is the something else. As for weathering, thanks Si for your comment. I would think British weather would include salt over the winter months for ice on roads which isn't good for any metals.
    So that is a plus. My Dan Moto pipe on the 2013 GSXR has turned to shit only after a couple of years. That bike is for sale by the way. Anyhoo, with DB killers and the cat still in, loud and grumbly is fine with me.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I've used them a number of times & they work great & are good quality & like Si says the weather well.
    The other little round carbon mufflers are SP Engineering, I use these for my turbo kits & they are a bit smaller than the Delkevic & they are made in the UK.

Cheers Ben, It's the fitment of the Delkevic that was interesting for me, as the attaching mid pipe can be shortened on the "CAN" end without getting it expanded again or welding spring mounts back on. SP Engineering you say, I'll look them up.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Not me but my buddy has a
    delkevic. The sound is good with the baffle out.

Just an update for anyone wanting to use this company. I didn't by the mufflers from them, but did get my mid pipes through Joe at Delkevic in Queensland. Joe was very helpful and didn't have an issue just supplying the mid pipes despite not having bought the whole kit.
    I went with a UK company for the mufflers as they come with baffles and the price was just a bit better for a very similar product.
    Check my build thread for pictures.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.