Thread: Euro 4

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar

Euro 4

Has killed off a fair few bikes in 2017. Bikes like the XJR, VMAX and CBR600 have been discontinued because companies are not interested in developing new engines to meet the new laws and Euro 5 will narrow the field even more.
    Also as a side effect people on older bikes will be priced off the road. Personally as a 90's and late 80's bike guy this depresses me if shit like that gets off the ground here my bike that I do not want to replace will be in essence un registerable unless club pates give me a way around that. Will that happen here? Who knows but Europe is certainly taking it to the people.
    Sure some may argue that it drives innovation ect but all I see is companies having a set total of engines that will go into a set class of bikes and just make everything less inspired and boring.

Whaddya think?

ASF Standard Full Member Redmohawk's Avatar
    Club rego for the win mate. In Vic the cunts are making a killing out of club rego's and NSW has got a sniff of the cash smell hence the reason your "club" rules are being changed to more similar to Vic rules $$$$ for the state and oldshitboxes on the roads for decades.

Bloke with a smaller stick Weaselman's Avatar
    We visited the 'club' idea here and it wasnt met with any enthusiasm as the club tag comes with too much bullshit. But if it means a way to keep our bikes going if they start to legislate against us perhaps we need to go there at some point... eek

Blog Entries
    The world is going mad I tells ya. The problem they have in Europe is over population and the pollution caused from the same. Surely that is not an issue in Australia (yet), so we should be OK with what is already on the roads. Of course, as for getting new bikes, well we're in the same boat as them.

I always thought that in NSW and in fact the ADR's followed the era of the bike when it was produced. So in say 2000 the bikes produced then only has to comply with the standards set in that year. Even though the new Euro standards as years go buy get tougher. Then again I'm not up on all this Euro trash talk, and once I get my bikes rego'd I'll be doing my best to keep them that way so as to avoid and changes required.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)