Thread: WTB Gen 1 Busa reg rec

ASF Gold Full Member

WTB Gen 1 Busa reg rec

Fried the reg rec at the drags last night. Would anyone have one or know a reliable supplier.
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey Russ!

Ring or go in to any Suzuki dealer with the VIN Number and you may have a recall, the GEN2's are up to three recalls in some cases on Reg rec's.

My B-King has had two.

If there is a recall they will have a notice telling them it requires replacement.

I rang Sydney City Motorcycles in Kogarah? and they told me over the phone that there was a recall.

ASF Gold Full Member
    OK cheers Danny, I'll get onto it monday!
    If I had a dollar for every time I thought about you, I'd start thinking about you

ASF Premium Full Member
    Because they don't consider it a safety issue they no longer inform the public.

ASF Gold Full Member
    If my bike caught fire in the staging lane at the drags it would be a safety issue! Cunts need a punch ina froat!

ASF Gold Full Member
    Well I checked with the local Suzuki stealer, I'll say that again, dealer, and there is no recall due for my bike. So it's off to eBay and fingers crossed for a second hand replacement.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Oh well worth a try!

I can check here but you are probably better off sourcing your side of the country, but let me know if you can't find I'm sure I'll have one somewhere!

ASF Gold Full Member
    Found one on fleabay, should be here tomorrow. Also got a couple of 60mm square pc fans to play around with and try to keep it ventilated. I've got a shit ton of mesh so I'll look at cutting some vents into the back of the seat unit.

PS Still got your Domi's here. Didn't end up using them after all

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Russ, to be honest mate with the fleabay Rec/Reg's it will be hit and miss. A bad one will end up burning out your stator and wiring, so i personally wouldn't risk it. I replaced the Gixxer one with one from Rick's Motorsports and have only heard good feedback about them. Costs a bit more, but may be cheaper for you in the long run

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...ulator-10_213H

ASF Gold Full Member
    I've got the second hand one fitted and cut a few vents in the seat unit. Just waiting for the fans to arrive and I'll fit them up. Fingers crossed it will work out OK!

PS It's an OEM reg/rec from the same model, so here's hoping!

ASF Premium Full Member
    When my vfr reg rec died I got a replacement/upgrade from roadstercycles in the us. Might be worth an Email.
    http://www.roadstercycle.com/
    more titanium than my bike

ASF Gold Full Member
    Thanks Chris, if this one dies I'll check them out.