Thread: Not first post

ASF Standard Full Member chinski's Avatar

Not first post

G'day all, Not my first post... i first joined in 2011 back when i was riding a Buell 1125CR, joined then & probably did a few bullshit posts about nothing.

After my 1125CR Buell i got a 2010 R1 because big bang engines are fucken tough & sound like armageddon, i had plans to fighter the R1 ( not very serious ones...) but once i had it i didn't do it & sold it.

Again came back for a look a few years ago after my V4 tuono engine decided that one conrod was better off in 2 pieces rather than the "standard" but rather effective 1 piece....

After the V4 lunched itself i toyed again with the idea of a fightered crossplane ( and started a thread here asking a few questions) or buying a BMW S1000R to replace V4 tuonoexplosion...I ended up buying the BMW nearly 2 years ago.

So basically have had an idea i wanted to build a crossplane R1 fighter a few times but then turned into a big girls blouse & have never done it, so now i've had the BMW S1000R a few years i want a change.

The BMW is an amazing bike, heaps of grunt, electronic suspension, TC etc etc. It fucken handles on rails & have done a 1:09 at Lakeside on it there too. Really nice precision handling german bike.... however .... it is a bike that any old joe bob henry bob can walk in & buy off the showroom floor & fuck it i'm going to finally build the fucken R1 i have been to scared to commit to for the last 4 years....

So this time i've paid up my $32 dorra, i'm going to look on here at peoples builds to get ideas & soon will sell the BMW to fund a crossplane R1 build, it probably wont handle as precise as the BMW but i know the engine will be more fun, the R1 will be heavier & no heated grips, no cruise control etc but there will always be BMW's for sale with this shit on them that i can buy & ride any old time, there will never be a naked crossplane R1 in my shed unless i do something about it !!!

So yeah i'll be looking around & making a list of suppliers & parts i need then sometime in the next few months will put BMW up for sale & get an R1 to start on, i love hanging out in my shed working on bikes with a few beers & tunes cranking, it's one of the best things going i reckon so ripping fairings off an R1 then hiding wires, making brackets etc will be a really fun experience, really challenging & extremely satisfying to do & have a bike i made that i'm proud of & is fucken tough at the end of it all !!

Also ride a Husky TE300, a Buell XB12s & a trials bike so while building R1 i will still have my other toys to play on.

So thanks for having me back, excuse the mega long intro & I look forward to reading some build threads for inspiration & getting into it myself soon !!

cheers !!!!

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    welcome back mate..yer right anyone can have the latest and greatest but when you've got a one off tough arse fighter in your shed all else pales in comparision...stop thinkin about it and get stuck into it you wont look back

Blog Entries
    Yea mate, welcome back. MattyDucati over in WA is just about to start an R1 build similar to your idea, so you two will be in the same boat. Keep us updated and yell out if you need any pointers.

Cheers fellas, i had a read of MattyDucati's 2009 R1 build thread & that's the path i want to go down, i saw somewhere he is thinking of building another bike, a 2015 / 2016 R1 but i'm looking for about 2012 i reckon.

i'll no doubt have heaps of questions once i start but also i'll be on here looking at ideas etc for the next 5 weeks while i'm at work so i can hopefully get a plan happening before i start.

here's a pic of BMW that i'll be selling to fund R1 build

Blog Entries
    A mate has one of them. They go alright hey!?

Yeah goes really good ! electronic suspension has 3 settings , hard, norm, soft. So you just press one according to road conditions & makes a huge difference. Heated handgrips ( wank factor 10/10 especially on gold coast haha ) , cruise control which i thought i'd never use but is actually really handy ! fucken thing handles on rails & up springbrook or beechmont i'm scraping knees everywhere, and the TC is all gyro sensors & lean sensors so knows when the back end steps out & allows a bit of a slide but then knows the difference between a slide & a wheelie & lets you wheelie as long as you want in top power mode whoooooo, got a PC5 & tuned at 172 RWHP

Still it does all that fancy shit but its getting the for sale sign on it !! the 2012 R1 i want to fighter will still have TC but needs to be switched off for a wheelie, so i'll have to switch it off for the straights & back on for corners but thats OK.

Like i said above the BMW is a brilliant bike no doubt, but i'm keen for a change & a full power "superbike" R1 thats been fightered will be a fuck load of fun !! will wheelie as good if not better than the BMW & having something that is a one off that i created myself & not available in shops really appeals to me , i know you guys get it !

For the first R1 setup i'm keen to keep undertail pipes & really just remove fairings & put my own light on, add high bars, nothing to crazy i realise that so just want to get the first build done & painted up then later would like to fit an RSV4 tail & side exhaust, one step a time anyway, fuck i've gone & written another massive reply.... i'm pumped haha !!!

Blog Entries
    That's the spirit mate!