Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 R1 buld - long time between drinks ;)

Fuck yes that bike looks sick!

Watching this build closely!

I've gone a bought a belly pan for the R1 and made brackets and fitted it up. After I made sure it was all good to go gave it a quick paint job. I had also taken the headers off the bike and gave them a good clean. Seeing as they are titanium and not stainless I can gave them a hit with a scotch brite pad instead of a full polish.
    I have some Overtime at work coming up so that will see this thing get rego. Then after that it will be parts for the rear end transformation.
    pic's below.

Last edited by LKC73; 19-07-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.
    K7 750 German Style (under construction)

ASF Standard Full Member chinski's Avatar
    Headers look awesome like that mate, the look of your bellypan ties in so nice with the front fender & your mask & they way you added the red highlights, fucken loving your bike more & more every time you post an update !!!! must be so pumped for rego & riding !

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    I've been following on FB and only recently poked my head back in here due to tech issues my end.

This is really looking the business Luke, oh and the guard has been through several owners from here, shadow zone, el hefty and then myself.

Glad it's found its final custodian.

Quote Originally Posted by K6Thou View Post
    I've been following on FB and only recently poked my head back in here due to tech issues my end.

This is really looking the business Luke, oh and the guard has been through several owners from here, shadow zone, el hefty and then myself.

Glad it's found its final custodian.
    Cheers mate, didn't really know the many hands that guard has been through. But Dan sure was happy to part with it. Yes it has gone to its final custodian, where hopefully it will remain.
    I still have more to come, pipes, reworked tail section and of course before all that, rego. But it will get there.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Well you helped me out with that alternator........

I've been playing with the idea of the tail and working on how and what way I want to go with this beast.
    So what I have done is come up with the idea of using a standard front 1/2 of a fibreglass race tail to use the standard seat, and the rear of the fighter tail I have gotten for Xmas of my girl. The other thread about the Delkavik pipes also is incorporated into this idea which is why I asked about them.
    Anyway, I have made a very ruff photo chop of that idea.
    I am looking for a race tail but most of them sell the race tails without the use of standard seat. If that's not all, the undertray on others is attached as a complete unit. But here is the picture of the tail I have and the idea I have for it. I know its not black, but it gives me a ruff idea of where I want to take this.

Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Weekend Warrior
    Personally not a fan of the German style kicked up tail, but that design actually doesn't look too bad at all. I'd like to see a more developed photoshop of it (man it's really time I learned how to drive Photoshop myself)

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    I'd like to see a more developed photoshop of it (man it's really time I learned how to drive Photoshop myself)
    Same here, I would do a proper render with colour and all. I have a dude I could sent it off to which is what I did last bike build.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

fuck yeah ! i reckon that tail will look good with the short little pipes, much neater & smaller than standard tail

Good news folks, its passed the blue slip! In the next couple of days I'll be in the RMS getting the rego sorted out!
    Got to make sure the transfer and engine numbers are done correctly at the RMS hence why I have to go in myself.

I took it for a quick test run a few times to get the feel of it. Holy shit its got grunt, stops well and feels super smooth.
    This thing is very nice to ride so far. Bigger test rides to come yet (with rego).

Oh so very close!
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

if you're as excited as i was for first ride then i know how fucken stoked you are right now haha !!

awesome stuff !

Blog Entries
    Great news Luke. Cheers mate.

As of today, the R1 lives and is now registered! When I get home I'll be putting its new plate on and getting it out there!
    Couldn't be happier right now! No issues with the engine number change even being a USA import block.
    FUCK YEAH!!!!
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Sweet. Coming to AFR??

Quote Originally Posted by wackyrider View Post
    Sweet. Coming to AFR??
    Not now, cant afford to after dropping $1100.00 on the R1 to have it registered.
    2 weeks away and next pay is going on house hold bills. But I'm just pleased its finally rego'd.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Blog Entries
    Nice one mate. Gotta be happy with that!

Took it out yesterday arvo for a bit more of a shake down run around there burbs and everything feels as it should. The bike is still a bit smelly and am not sure where this is coming from. It could be the clear residue from the headers or left over grime on the engine but there isn't any leaks, oil window is showing no signs of contamination in the oil which is a big plus.
    I'll be taking it easy on the engine due to my own paranoia after such a massive task of rebuilding it.
    The tail end will be the next stage of this build, and will update again when this all starts.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

So after that last ride and before the I took it out again I had thought the rear subframe had a big twist in it from last owners crash.
    As it turned out, the right pipe was pushing on the number plate holder and was twisting the rear part of the sub frame. I by chance was unbolting the pipes to take some measurements and the tail straightened up! Small win there! I also removed the passenger foot pegs as they wont be used at all.
    I took it out Sunday for a small run and then over to the Barry Sheen festival.
    Finally the smell is gone, temps got a bit high but that was from traffic heading to the Barry, on open roads it was fine. The other thing I did notice was how light the front end gets loose the steering is like this. so a rethink of the light bracket to place the dampener back on maybe required. Still waiting for my race tail to be made as I cant find a second hand one anywhere. Also now saving up for my new pipes which will be the next part of this project.
    Last edited by LKC73; 19-07-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Monster GSXR 7/11 RIP!
    Raven R1 Demon.

Weekend Warrior
    Teething trouble. Sounds like you are all over it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast