Thread: Racing brake pads

Weekend Warrior

Racing brake pads

Hi Guys,

I am on the hunt for a good, but cost effective brake pad solution for my little GSXR powered race car. I have previously been using Bendix MCR131 (carbon pad) which are great but getting a bit pricey now. On the car they do not last very long either. Organic pads are no good as they die quickly due to the heat build up. A good sintered pad should be ok. Has anyone had any experience with the sintered pads from Pyramid Parts. They claim to have a sintered pad that a number of their customers use for racing, including go karts.

Cheers

Peter.

Blog Entries
    Can't really comment on this one Peter, but I can say I just did an advert for HEL and your post reminded me of their product: http://www.helperformance.com.au/hel-t-pro.html

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks.

After some google research, it appears that the Pyramid pads get mixed reviews. A very good buy but probably not worth the risk for me since I ask more out of the pads than a bike application would. I will stay with what I know and pay the premium for now.

Here is a recent video link for those that are interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45G-0sOWFw

Cheers

Peter.

Blog Entries
    That looks like heaps of fun mate. It's also really weird for me to watch as that sound is so familiar to me having owned a GSXR for the last 20 years, and see ing a car in the video messes with my head.

Weekend Warrior
    Briz, or where ever fate takes me. Australia.
    Hi Peter, are you on line mate?
    Just want to ask you a few questions about your engine cooling set up in your car?

Cheers John.

Bloke with a smaller stick MONO's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you Like Bendix then try SBS owned by same, use, recommend & sell. but a cheeper option we sell is gold fren