Thread: F3 800

F3 800

Hi everyone,

new here to Aussie Street Fighters.

As the name suggests i ride a MV Agusta F3 800 (silver on red)

its my first full size bike since getting my full licence. I previously had a 2014 Honda CBR 500R.

Im located on the Central Coast in NSW.

Excited to see what the forum has to offer

Weekend Warrior
    Welcome mate.

Do you have plans for the F3?

It has a steering dampener, upgraded battery, tank protector, carbon fibre exhaust heat sheild and rim tape (lol). I would like to do an exhaust upgrade but the one o like is about $1800 for just a slip on so my try and find a custom shop.

Blog Entries
    That's easy sorted mate, go to one of our guys: http://foranexhaust.com.au/ - He's down your way as well.

Welcome aboard mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    That's easy sorted mate, go to one of our guys: http://foranexhaust.com.au/ - He's down your way as well.

Welcome aboard mate.
    Hey Gix11,

The original owner of FORAN has sold the business in the last 12 months i believe. Also they informed me that my only options to keep the 3 exhaust tip outlets was to remove the cat and lose my pillion pegs (not an option as the wife goes on the back) or to simply empty out the original muffler.

i have contated another exhaust guy and just waiting to hear back

So i received the below email from I believe Sean from FORAN exhaust:

Hi Richard,
    Could you kindly not misinterpret what I said to you in our phone conversation regarding you new motorcycle.
    I distinctly said to you that I could remove the "cat" on your original muffler or IF you might NOT have a pillion, that I could modify the bike to make a heap more power with changing the muffler with a new link pipe & that IF you have the funds to spare ? I could make you a custom part of the exhaust.
    If you need the services of the OLD owner ? Please do not waste my time concerning your F3 800.
    The modification of a steering damper on my F3 only cost me $86 plus a bit of time. So if you ask ppl about modifying your bike if you don't have the experience ? Take notice of what they say /;-$
    This email comes to you from reference to another web site & not mine.
    Best of luck to you dick.

Sent from my iPad

Now Sean,

firstly it took you months to reply to my inquiry about an exhaust so I wasn't even sure if the company was still operating.

I had heard and read a number of good things about FORAN exhaust, admittedly they were old posts but I had never met the original owner. I posted that the company had changed hands to inform Gix11 in case he was unaware - this post did not suggest that I was looking for the OLD owner nor was it negative towards the current owner.

Secondly, as you would be aware removing the cat is illegal and if done requires an ecu remap for the bike to run smoothly. If I wanted to remove the cat I would have asked this on the phone. What i did say is i'm not worried about any power gains just wanted a nice note out of the bike - if you actually listened.

I never mentioned money or funds over the phone i simply wanted to know if you were able to supply/make an aftermarket exhaust keeping the original look. If you were able to then i would have arranged to come and visit you in person to discuss further and see your work first hand. I have no idea why you are mentioning a steering dampener either :-/

And why on earth would one want an exhaust that requires the pillion pegs to be removed? I understand people remove them for looks - no problems. but to make an exhaust that requires the pillion pegs to be removed for no reason is ridiculous as that just limits any future buyers if one was to sell their bike in the future.

My comment in a previous post in reference to waiting for another custom shop getting back to me was i had contacted them before speaking with you and not in reference to what you did or didn't say to me on the phone.

I also liked how you signed off implying i'm a dick, like you know anything about me. Well this comment is me being a very slight dick.

I hope you are more professional to any customers that actually deal with you.

I loved not dealing with you,

Love from your dick
    Last edited by F3 800; 08-05-2016 at 06:44 PM.

ASF Premium Full Member
    I'm confused.
    You want a custom exhaust that looks the same as the OEM one, and keeps the cat? I'm not sure that's possible.
    more titanium than my bike

Very simply on the MV Agusta, just need a decent welder.

The standard exhaust has a large baffle/box/muffler straight after the cat which can be replaced with a slip on.

Remove the standard exhaust after the cat (simple stainless steel clamp) and custom weld piping from 1 into 3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exhaust 2.JPG   Exhaust 3.jpg  

ASF Premium Full Member
    Can you post a pic? Is the cat part of the muffler, or 2 separate parts?
    If there's no muffler, just 3 straight pipes after a cat, it will be loud, which is also not legal.
    And adding a slip on straight pipe also requires a reflash to keep the engine running its best.

I'm still slightly confused.
    more titanium than my bike