Thread: Blue slip drama in NSW

Pizza delivery boy/girl

Blue slip drama in NSW

Just took my 95 zx9 in for a blue slip and was told that it couldnt even be inspected because it didnt have a fairing he reckoned it had to be fully stock as it came out of the factory. So does anyone know of a mechanic in northern NSW that is a bit easier to get on with than the wanker i just went to in Balina.

ASF Basic Full Member
    You might have more luck going to a car workshop than a bike shop. They might not know what it looked like new. One of the boys from WA had to get fairings to register a Hyabusa there, you might have to do the same here. Could always get it registered at a mates place in Qld, then you don't have to get it inspected every year

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    It actually was a car place i took it to. I dont think i could go to all the effort of finding a fairing, head light, handlebars, exhaust, catch can and god knows what else for a bike i bought for 950 dollars. I think your right i will just have to go the Qld option. I just hope they are a bit easier up there i think that is where it was last registered anyway. thanks for the advice.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Bring it to Sydney. So many joints who will take it on the face value of it's road worthiness.

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    That might be the go i have also got a gsxr 1100 that isnt too far off being finished i might have to make a trip down and do both at the same time. thanks for the advice guys.

ASF Standard Full Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodtime View Post
    Bring it to Sydney. So many joints who will take it on the face value of it's road worthiness.
    A mechanic friend of mine was explaining this to me. There's that many in Sydney now trying to compete amongst each other for a dollar they'll do just about anything at crazy prices.
    Down here in the gong it's quite the opposite. You gotta hang onto the good ones you find here.

ASF Premium Full Member
    Is this for a re-registration or a continuation of registration?

I've just had mine, ZXR fighter (built by Jason) re-inspected no dramas at all. Can't find photo at the moment.

it Has a fighter mask, single seat etc.

They even came and picked it up from storage and checked it and took it back for me, cost $85

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Its for a re-registration, its a fighter but everything works I think the bloke I took it to is a bit confused about the rules and was thinking it was a repairable write off which it isnt. Anyway i am going to try somewhere else tomorrow I may s well try all the local people before I take it to Sydney or Queensland I will post how I go thanks to everyone for the advice and information.