Thread: hello from nsw

hello from nsw

Hi everyone only new to forums and the streetfighter scene. But have been ridding for a while now mainly dirt bike but have had a few roadies along the way. Now fully licensed for the road I thought it was time to pull out the 01 gsxr600 that I brought from a mate about 4+ years ago ( I know a lot of wasted years just collecting dust .

When I got the bike I had all intentions of putting new faring on and taking it back to its former glory before my mate tracked the bike for a short while. After looking at the cost vs the age of the bike I could not justify it. Considering I can buy a newer model gxsr for around the same cost. So I have decided to fighter it there are some sick looking gsxrs on here and have me hooked on the idea of having one of my very own.

In regards to the cost of this idea I know that the cost could be endless. But with keeping to the plan and idea of what I want out of the build and not getting lost if the world of everything HAS to be custom. I think I can do it within a reasonable budget doing a lot of work myself. The theme of the build I am following is a mix between streetfighter/stunter. I know to the hardcore builders they are to completely different cultures. (sorry if that is considered the wrong thing on here, Please be nice lol) but from what I read here its about personal taste and style not so much conforming. I will post pics soon and along the way of the build.

My main question here is if anyone on here has any advise or links as to where I can purchase rails rails for the bike or better yet a crash cage in Australia. I have checkout nearly every site in the stats as I can find and with the Australian dollar atm its not worth importing in here.By the way I live near Bathurst and always happy to met new people

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan
    hi mate ..welcome the text is a bit challenging to read but i get yer drift ..show us some pics

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    What he said ^^^^

Blog Entries
    I did a bit of editing so it's all good now. Anyway, yea, welcome aboard mate.

Stunt cages etc are not in my head's database (no idea where that phrase came from just then), so I can't advise, but I reckon Ben at Extreme Creations might know where to point you as he works closely with Dave McKenna: www.extremecreations.com.au

Give him and email when you get time and he should point you in the right direction.