Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello all. 44 yrs old, live out near Bathurst. Love my bikes and riding. Had a few over the last few years, A TLR, an R1 and now a 990 Superduke. Not a streetfigher I know, not exactly sure what you would classify a Superduke as, all I know is that it is stupid fun to ride.

I like streetfighters, cafe racers, sportsbikes, dirtbikes,,,, I like them all. Will surf around and check out all the cool builds.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, don't care what people classify them as I still want one. You'll fit in here, was that luggage too heavy??

Blog Entries
    Aha, posted twice! Sorry mate, it's a "First post is moderated" system here thanks to years worth or spamming dickheads. I approved your other post as well so now you have two to check. As per the other one; welcome aboard!

Oh, and here's that 1290 goodness I posted in the other thread as well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12308177_925168194226385_1111523549686775288_o.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	7332

ASF Premium Full Member
    Hey!

How they hangin'?

Thanks guys, that 1290 is very nice!!

Hanging good. Even got out for a ride today. Lots of good roads out this way.

Last edited by motoSycho; 25-11-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    How's the reliability with the KTM mate? Had any issues since you've had it? What about parts cost / servicing / availability etc?

Touch wood. It has been 100%. The only issue is it eats chains and back tyres, but that could be my fault

I have a good bike mechanic in Bathurst that looks after it so all good there.

The original owner worked at a bike shop in Melbourne and it has all the good gear. Ohilns internals in the front forks, kitted out rear shock, MotoHoligan airbox conversion, mapped to suit etc etc etc. I have the print out of everything that has been done to it and it is 2 pages worth. I picked it up with just over 70000ks on it and I have put another 14000 on it and it is still as strong as ever. If and when it comes time for the engine I would be hard pressed to sell it. Thinking I would get the engine rebuilt and have some work done to it.

Blog Entries
    I've heard people have drama with KTMs and yet I've always been keen. You may have just put them back on my potential purchase list. Cheers mate.

Weekend Warrior
    Welcome mate. Perhaps technically not a SF, but you ride it like one

Well, the helmet said to, so I just do what it tells me

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Im a bike slut...had a shit ton of bikes...and the 990 superduke is in my top 3 road bikes i've owned!!

Hello fellow Bike Slut I know the feeling. These are what I have played with since early 2010

Started with a CX500 that I had a cafe racer fling with.

Got bored with the CX so had this little GS650 that I hacked the big arse '80s rear end off and made a new subframe for. Picked up a set of Loaded Dog rearsets and mounted them way back on the passenger pegs mount. It was a fun little bike

Had the Ducati 600 but it wasn't enough so picked up the TLR1000. Wish I hadn't sold the TLR but got offered a stupid amount of money for it.

Everyone needs to own an R1 at some stage.

Which I then crashed and wrote it and myself off.

and a Yz250 for the dirt

Blog Entries
    Wow, it's like the full life story. Nice one.