Thread: got my first short story published ....

Aussie Streetfighter Hooligan

got my first short story published ....

ave a look and tell me whats what Im on page 84 ill post the stuff when its published

https://www.facebook.com/10069628359...0027693329406/

Tyre destroying, mad bastard menace
    Blog Entries
    Awesome work jimmy

ASF Basic Full Member
    Congrats mate, well done. Will check it out soon.
    GSX1400 Need I say more? Probably, yes.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's some dramatic video work! Is the story as dramatic? Look forward to reading it.

thanks guys ..i guessed evrybody would go dark so i did the opposite ..think aussie truckie in space ..and thats about the size of it its inspired me to get on with writing again
    Last edited by Jockney Rebel; 16-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Star Truckie

Arnold Roberto Stuart Elton Holstein or Arnie to his friend ,found himself falling asleep once again only the to be woken up by the incessant whirring of the worn out gears on his only companion , a Mk14 Freight droid .The droids designation was the normal practise of abbreviating his function but as usual a lot gets lost in translation.

So… Deep space Intelligent Cybernaut or DIC for short, says it all really!

Dic does everything aboard the “ship” if you can call it that it, in reality it’s just an interstellar prime mover, and relatively small.

Arnie wouldn’t even be aboard if it wasn’t for the fact that union rules state that ‘a person must accompany any transport of cargo to or from outer lying colonies’ this rule was enforced mainly to guarantee work for hapless pilots such as our hero.

In the 24th century most cargo was transported by teleport unless it was too huge or too far away and even then it was mostly automated vehicles, robot ships don’t fly faster than light inside inhabited systems and bugger up their weather satellites ….

He was born in Brisbane in what used to be called Australia, to an Aboriginal /German mother and a Scottish Italian father [hence the long winded name].

If he’d been around 300yrs ago he’d have been driving a Kenworth cross country wearing a singlet and singing Slim Dusty songs.

As it was he had to make do with a pretty much buggered space vehicle, a slightly second hand Japanese android love doll that more often than not malfunctioned .Either breaking down completely or screaming some other blokes name at the vital moment...And an ever present worn out Dic .

Dic had been pacing ,ok then rolling, for he has no feet or legs , up and down outside Arnies 6x4 bunkroom .
    As Arnie dragged his, not unsubstantial, frame to its feet and opened the door .he banged his head on the low bunk edge and more expletives than a Parramatta Eels fan came out of his mouth .”What!!.?..He eventually growled .”Holstein we’ve lost a trailer” “what the f++k do you mean we’ve lost a trailer”

[the prime mover would normally have 6 to 8 trailers towed behind it making the vessel between about 6 kms long] “the meaning of the phrase is that we have one less trailer than we did when I last checked” he explained “I know what it F++kin means ….where? ..How ?” Arnie roared as he attempted to put two feet in the same leg of his pants

Awhile later after several checks and more vitriol had been exchanged it was apparent that the prodigal freight had in fact been nicked

….millions of credits worth of …stuff ..[Arnie had no idea what he was hauling after all ]had gone walkies and he was responsible ..

He couldn’t afford to cop the flak for this, already on the bottom of the food chain as far as jobs was concerned, he’d end up painting mining ships at this rate.

Just then Arnie stopped in mid stride ,seemingly something was working its way through the grey matter of his less adequate brain. He did a 180 and made his way back to his bunk ..Dic couldn’t see him but he heard the sounds of enlightenment shortly followed by the noise of
    rummaging and swearwords …”Aha!” he exclaimed

“Found it” .With that he came roaring out of his room and bellowed “where are you ,you metal moron” as he came into sight he was carrying what had a striking resemblance to a 2010 signed ashes cricket bat with the words “APRIL 1ST” burnt into its blade .

Later that day found Arnie with the remains of a MK 14 droid; a tub of superglue and a manual...the annual ritual had begun.
    copyright J m Walker 2015
    Last edited by Jockney Rebel; 12-01-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think I know a Red Dwarf fan! Does this keep going mate? Where is the rest?

i will write more just getting my head around a new job but if you like it yeah no worries im definitely publ;ishing a couple of books later on

Pizza delivery boy/girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix11 View Post
    I think I know a Red Dwarf fan! Does this keep going mate? Where is the rest?
    Smeghead haha